Cnn?

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
i wasnt sure to put this in the tech support or here, but CNN HD doesn't show up for me on any channel whether it be 200 or in the 9000 section. all the other HD channels can be tuned and do appear. Anyone know what to do? I've unplugged my box for a few minutes and that didn't make it appear.

nope, I have it set to all channels. even if I put in 200 it just goes to CNN SD and if I go to the actual channel, it sends me to STARZ since it is the closest in numbers.

Are you getting SciFi or USA in their 943X slots? Have you tried a soft reboot (hold the power button down until the box restarts) or run a check switch?

i have America's Top 250 and the top HD package. I don't know the satellite number things, so if someone could explain that, that'd be nice. I'm a new Dish subscriber, so I don't know all the details on everything yet I'm afraid.

I shall try the soft reboot, I've done a hard reboot already. Also, whats a check switch?

i have America's Top 250 and the top HD package. I don't know the satellite number things, so if someone could explain that, that'd be nice. I'm a new Dish subscriber, so I don't know all the details on everything yet I'm afraid.

I shall try the soft reboot, I've done a hard reboot already. Also, whats a check switch?

Go into the setup menu and go to the signal strength/point dish screen. Dig around for a few minutes. Just read the screen, you'll figure out which satellites your receiving. See if you can find signals on 129 or 61.5.

i don't see those anywhere :(
when looking at the lists, i see i have channels from 61.5 and 129 however

my dish is provided through my home owners association, they have some sort of deal with Dish to provide programming. They have about 7 large satellites in a yard to receive all of the channels, and then the receivers are sold and everyone in the neighborhood gets it through that. the company selling it is called HBL Communications(HBL Communications). I have every other HD channel other than CNN HD though, so I am assuming I am pointed at all of the satellites. This is all of the information I have however. I'm not gonna go crazy about getting CNN, however it would be nice to have.

my dish is provided through my home owners association, they have some sort of deal with Dish to provide programming. They have about 7 large satellites in a yard to receive all of the channels, and then the receivers are sold and everyone in the neighborhood gets it through that. the company selling it is called HBL Communications(HBL Communications). I have every other HD channel other than CNN HD though, so I am assuming I am pointed at all of the satellites. This is all of the information I have however. I'm not gonna go crazy about getting CNN, however it would be nice to have.

If you get Discovery HD, TLC-HD, Vooms, etc then you should get CNN-HD.

CNN-HD is on 61.5 Transponder 25 and 129 Transponder 11. So check and see if you have signal lock on either of those. Just go to Menu 6,1,1 and then change the satellite to either of those and the transponder to the corresponding number above.

6, 1, 1 is QAM Setup. I don't know quite what to do. theres the check switch button I've been told about. also, i get the Voom, Discovery HD, and TLC HD channels

I don't know much about QAM, but they might need to put equipment into the headend to pick up those transponders. If they weren't in use before, they might not have been installed. Call your service provider and ask them if they have those transponders in their headend racks.

well im pretty sure im hitting those satellites, because I get the channels listed, minus CNN HD. I even got USA HD and SciFi HD the moment they were turned on.

well im pretty sure im hitting those satellites, because I get the channels listed, minus CNN HD. I even got USA HD and SciFi HD the moment they were turned on.

USA and SciFi are on 110 which even the SD customers need. But CNN is on a transponder on 61.5 and 129 that do not have other channels available. So it sounds like you are missing that transponder in your setup. I'd get it fixed as the next upcoming HD channels will be activated on this same transponder.

is CNN the only channel right now on 61.5 transponder 129?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)