Cnn?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think the process of setting up a QAM system involves installing a QAM transcoder for each transponder. It would be a piece of equipment that tunes in a single transponder (either QPSK or 8PSK) and then converts it into a QAM modulated signal. If there is no QAM transcoder installed for that particular transponder, then there won't be a QAM signal present for the channels carried on it, hence no CNN HD.

Actually it is very efficient. One or two dishes to feed 100 units instead of 100 different dishes hanging out of the balcony.

Well that makes it sound better :) Guess the only drawback is what was mentioned about having to add xpndr filters (???) when new ones are activated???

Trust me, I know what I want to say, but it's been a long day & I can't quite get there :)

Well that makes it sound better :) Guess the only drawback is what was mentioned about having to add xpndr filters (???) when new ones are activated???

Trust me, I know what I want to say, but it's been a long day & I can't quite get there :)

The part is called a QAM Transcoder. It receives the QPSK or 8PSK signal from the satellite system and turns it into a QAM signal, similar to what drives digital signals on cable systems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)