Status
Please reply by conversation.

moonman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
So. Fla.
Intellon Press Release
According to the company, the technology will enable subscribers to connect each HR20 set-top box to the internet for DIRECTV content downloading using existing home wiring. Set-up menus will guide users and installers through the HomePlug installation in two steps, Intellon said.

Intellon Press Release
According to the company, the technology will enable subscribers to connect each HR20 set-top box to the internet for DIRECTV content downloading using existing home wiring. Set-up menus will guide users and installers through the HomePlug installation in two steps, Intellon said.

Unfortunately I think this is a fairly limited market solution. I have seen other companies offering this type of BPL service, but they all seem to be niche areas. Would be great if there was a national coverage of this BPL offering. I am happy with Comcast and their 16Mbps down and 2Mbps up internet offerings here, but with BPL, you can get (theoretically) 1Tbps up and down!! Now that would be sweet!

Actually that announcement was not referring to BPL, but about using HomePlug networking inside the home, as an alternative to ethernet or wireless (802.11). Similar technology, different scale.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)