Coax Connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
I found a good source of coax cable for free! There is a local contractor who does a lot of coax installation for cable companies. He drops off the remnants of rolls and sometime pieces of temporary cable runs that were removed. Usually this stuff just goes to waste and ends up in a dumpster. The lengths do vary but there are a lot of 50 and 100 foot pieces in the pile which contains mostly RG6 and some RG11! I just do not know sizes what will show up next. Perhaps some other members could find a similar source for their needs too! Free dishes, free coax, now I need some free receivers!! ;)

Well ya can't beat that one! Good find. Now if you could find me some free electricity. Looking at my last bill>:eek:
That RT must stay up all night reading with the lights on.........:rolleyes: Thought cats could see in the almost dark....

I get most of my compression fittings from local cable guys. They'll usually give you a heaping handful of them if you ask nicely, and they generally use only the best fittings. My favorite is the PPC-EX6XLWS (PPC Aquatight)...

As for cable, I usually like to use satellite-rated (3ghz) cable, and the cable companies often don't carry the good stuff. Their requirements don't exceed 1ghz, and while their cable might work just fine, I'm using bandstacked LNBs so I stick with 3ghz rated cable manufactured by Perfect Vision.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)