Status
Please reply by conversation.

RtpiFan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
Montreal,Quebec,Canada
Hi,
On Monday i woke up to a no signal on Kusat 2600 so later on in the day went and swap lnbf for newer one wich worked fine.
Today i get up an go check the kusat and acting like lnbf is gone bad with no signal.
Tried pansat same connecor and get signal bar goes back forth form 23-89%
Now i have another spare lnbf but not going to swap it as going go same as others i am almost sure.
I even installed new run of cable to make sure it was not cabling.
My Motorized 76cm Wineguard as same lnbf as not missed beat so i am confused.
Problem setup a 90cm dish with Sat Radar 0.6db lnbf before it had Microyal 0.5db lnbf.
Their not best lnbf put so not be going south like this.
Here what weather being like in Montreal http://weatheroffice.ec.gc.ca/city/pages/qc-147_metric_e.html
Thanks for any suggestions.
RtpiFan :)

Having worked my way thru school fixing 2 way radios, I'd suspect the receiver frying it before the cold.

Is the working LNB on the same reciever?

RTPI
The cold doesn't kill it. I've seen it actually help signal strength.

I have a DMSI Dual .5 and an Expressvu .6 (when they were linear) and it has survived 2 (going on 3) Minnesota winters. We havent had that one really cold week yet (where it gets to -25F at night) but when we did it works like a champ.

My Xtreme .3 just got a taste of the cold :)

It's working after couple of hours of having kusat switched off with rear button.
So put Micoryal back on another dish and it's dead but did not kill this one.
So my question could be tuner in kusat going south on me?
Could it cause all this?

I have had nothing but problems with it.
But when works it just great.
I will check when the weather is better if dish itself moved off motor brackets(but i doubt it as get great quality 90% on most TP's with few exceptions from AMC4-GR10

Last edited:
The cold doesn't kill it. I've seen it actually help signal strength.

Some LNBFs start drifting when the weather get hot and the LNBF heats up. Cold weather actually helps keep LNBF from drifting.

So replaced lnbf and have left kusat on all day and night and still working okay.
So guess i'll re-check my wiring again may have something causing problems that not noticed.

Thanks,

you might have a loose connection somewhere or water (snow, moisture) may have got near the coax end and got inside

Sadoun said:
Some LNBFs start drifting when the weather get hot and the LNBF heats up. Cold weather actually helps keep LNBF from drifting.

Well, I don't think cold is an issue. I've had the face of mine 2/3 covered with ice and still get a perfectly clear signal. It takes a little over 2" of snow covering the face, before the picture starts to break up.

Most of the good ones are rated to -40C/-40F so you really need to get cold cold to get into problems.

Check your connections and cables for moisture.Signal fluctuation like you described is classic symptom of moisture in the connections somewhere. Also, if you are using a switch, make sure its weather proof and its connections are clean and dry. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts