Combo DTV & TV power On & Off buttons on remote

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Building

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
I can't get these buttons to work for the tv? They just turn off and on the DTV receiver. I assume I must have set these for the av1 or av2 or just off. Can't find how to set this back for the tv. Can anyone help?

Have you gone through the on screen menu for setting the remote? The instructions are pretty thorough.

Yes, I have the TV working for volume. I can also turn it on and off if I slide it over to TV. It's just the combo on and off buttons for the TV and DTV receiver that doesn't work for the TV.

Its upto the code you use, and model of tv you have if the on & off keys work or not. Many top brands like mitsubishi, panasonic, and samsung models don't respond to the preset commands mapped to these keys. It isn't something you can switch on or off, it either works or doesn't.

What is the brand model of your tv?

It's an LG. The power On and Off work when the remote is in the TV mode, just not for the combo button when in DTV mode.

Building said:
It's an LG. The power On and Off work when the remote is in the TV mode, just not for the combo button when in DTV mode.

Is it a new LCD flat screen? When I say I mean NEW. I've had 2 that was brand new and only worked by using the slider on/off

Usually, this happens when you have the wrong code, even tho the volume works. Try another code for the TV and follow this procedure: Enter new code, try Volume control-if it works slide the switch back to the left and try the off and on buttons, if they work on both the receiver and the TV, your done, if they dont, try another code and repeat.

Lanarian said:
Usually, this happens when you have the wrong code, even tho the volume works. Try another code for the TV and follow this procedure: Enter new code, try Volume control-if it works slide the switch back to the left and try the off and on buttons, if they work on both the receiver and the TV, your done, if they dont, try another code and repeat.

Brand new LG's are having issues programming. If the OP can tell us the model number I could check my code book

Sometimes the combination macro of the tv commands, directv commands and add to this white remotes own key identification commands makes signal unrecognizable to the tv. While in the tv device the directv power commands are absent, making it signal smaller.

Try to turning off the directv key identification commands:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT, wait for two blinks, release
3. enter 9 6 3
4. press CH DOWN

Sorry, I've been golfing tonight. When i got home, I retried most All of the codes and finally got one to do everything. This is a remote I had programmed earlier on a different box about 2 years ago. It is also set up for RF and I already have a second RF remote working another TV from the same box. I know I'm rambling on now, but thanks for the help! I did just need to keep trying all the codes to get everything to work for this TV.

Sorry, I've been golfing tonight. When i got home, I retried most All of the codes and finally got one to do everything. This is a remote I had programmed earlier on a different box about 2 years ago. It is also set up for RF and I already have a second RF remote working another TV from the same box. I know I'm rambling on now, but thanks for the help! I did just need to keep trying all the codes to get everything to work for this TV.

Do yourself a favor, write the correct code number on the back of the remote.

Does it shut the TV off if you slide the button over to TV and hit power? May need to reset the remove or try another code. I've found in the past that some codes will work some functions on a TV and other functions won't work. So after trying a few codes I finally got all the buttons working.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts