Comcast channel lineup is ....

I think Comcast really doesn't care if viewers can find subchannels, because they likely only carry them due to either the national PBS contract or as part of a deal to get other major network programming that Comcast finds desirable (Big 4 networks).
all of our subs are in the 200 range. They start at 202 and go through 225 or something like that. They even have room if there were more added because the next station (TBN) is 243

Back in the day, Comcast made 13 or so channels available for $10+/- per month and they put them all down in the VHF band (2-13). To keep subscribers from getting other clear channels, they would install a band-pass filter that would block frequencies above the lifeline range. Now that they don't offer analog channels anymore,.
They still offer lifeline but they want like $25 for it (plus fees and a box). But it does offer more than 13 channels ;)

Cox does the same remapping channels to different genre packs in addition to their normal locations. Cox at least remaps locals to the same numbers 2 SD is 1002 HD etc..

Cox wastes so much money on flyers. Every other week I get a letter to add locals and HBO/Showtime or HBO/Starz for 2yrs at 19.99 a month with a free receiver or cable card. I took them up on one offer for locals for $9.99 plus taxes with cable card and tuning adapter for the Condo in Las Vegas. I haven't had time when I'm out there to crawl through the attic to see if I can get the antenna to work better. It is hit or miss inside the condo, so that was a good offer for us to take.

Most of our subs are in the 200 range but not all of them. Bounce TV is located near BET, Create is located near HGTV, etc.

They've had the ability to fix it since they went all digital but have inexplicably chosen not to.

Maybe it is an issue with having so many subcontractors in the mix that the right hand doesn't know what the left has been doing.

I doubt that has anything to do with the contracting companies Comcast uses for installation. I work for one of them, and it would make no difference to us what changes were made in the channel lineup.

I doubt that has anything to do with the contracting companies Comcast uses for installation.
Certainly, but I didn't limit my consideration to installers. They seem to use contractors in a lot of different disciplines including (but not limited to) Sales and Support; perhaps even Engineering.

Doing a regional or national contract for support would be a huge motivation to keep all the operations more or less on the same page.

Certainly, but I didn't limit my consideration to installers. They seem to use contractors in a lot of different disciplines including (but not limited to) Sales and Support; perhaps even Engineering.

Doing a regional or national contract for support would be a huge motivation to keep all the operations more or less on the same page.

Contractors in Florida are a waste of time. Nothing but issues. Good luck trying to get a line tech out there for a node adjustment or repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you're saying.