Comcast customers hate data caps, but making customers hurt is all part of the plan

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I think you may well be out of the frying pan and into the fire making that transition as long as Windstream meets your needs. Comcast is the Dark Side.
So I got digital preferred at 49.99 and preferred at 9.99 HD free for a year and Showtime free for 3 months. Paying 12.00 for Cinemax, X1(not the DVR, just the standard X1) which I can still pause and rewind, and kept Windstream because their closest double play here would have been 119.99 plus taxes and fees resulting in the total of around 140.00. So I'm still saving roughly 10.00 and the fact they had no other offers upgrading except to the double play package of 139.99 plus tax. Too much. Guess I'll be dropping Sling TV in May.

Update--If Sling TV does bring good Viacom channels to Sling, even in another package, and I think it's worth it, I'll drop Comcast. I feel like I've jumped into the frying pan with Comcast again...maybe I'll get it through my thick head I don't watch but what's on Sling TV for the most part anyway. We will see

I have comcast business class for the last six years amd very happy. Not as fast as residential service but way reliable and with two year contracts, i was able get good deals. The price is tax amd fees included so i know how much i am going to pay each month for the next two years. And at the end of the two years they always offer faster tier with a better price when you call amd renew your contract. Plus no data caps and better customer support. I left residential comcast just because of their bad customer support. I am happy with this dish amd comcast business class. And i also know maybe i am paying a little more because i am not bundling services but who cares as long as you get good service.

In what marketplace is it assumed that usage is unlimited? We know as consumers that even services that call themselves "unlimited" are limited. Why should Comcast's on-again off-again tinkering be a revelation?

Fios, Philadelpia, 10TB soft cap.

The Xfinity My Account app in iOS was updated today. Description of the update: 'Support and updates fro the 1TB usage plan'. They must be getting ready to roll this out to users.

The Xfinity My Account app in iOS was updated today. Description of the update: 'Support and updates fro the 1TB usage plan'. They must be getting ready to roll this out to users.

I just downloaded the app and they still cannot read my modem ( I own one) either on the app or at their site on the net.

They should do away with data caps for every provider it's a paid service but seems like Comcast likes being in the middle of things. Poke

http://www.theverge.com/2016/4/23/11494510/comcast-att-wsj-data-cap-report

The Wall Street Journal has a great report about broadband data caps this week, revealing something everyone already knows: people really don't like the Bullsh!t that huge broadband companies put them through. Through a Freedom Of Information Act request, WSJ found that consumer complaints to the FCC skyrocketed in 2015 as Comcast in particular started ramping up data cap experiments across the country. Complaints about data caps reportedly rose from 863 in the first half of the 2015, to 7,904 in the second half — and continued into 2016 with 1,463 complaints made as of mid-April.Of course people aren't happy about cable company shenanigans, but only a few companies can get away with it like Comcast can, which is one of the biggest reasons the United States' monopolistic broadband market is a huge failure.

Where did the idea come from that services should be unlimited of any type? This will come as a shock to my water company, VOIP provider, and my garbage pick-up services among others.

Where did the idea come from that services should be unlimited of any type? This will come as a shock to my water company, VOIP provider, and my garbage pick-up services among others.

And when did it become ok to cap previously existing plans? That sounds like bait and switch to me. And these plans are already immensely profitable. Providers just want to make obscene profits instead of immense profits and are implementing caps to squeeze more money out of consumers.

And when did it become ok to cap previously existing plans? That sounds like bait and switch to me. And these plans are already immensely profitable. Providers just want to make obscene profits instead of immense profits and are implementing caps to squeeze more money out of consumers.

Who said there was no cap? I bet if you look back even to the very begining of internet service there was some type of protection, or cap. I obviously can't tell you for every service but way back when Charter first provided service where I also live in Ct there was a clause about abuse and they reserve the right to limit service. Brighthouse (not called that then) had an actual cap in Florida that has since been greatly increased.
Further, in this specific case of this thread there was a cap in place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts