Comcast sports Net Philly on Direct TV

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mbtbnk

Original poster
May 11, 2010
pennsylvania
Does anyone know when or if CSN Philly will be available on Direct TV. I saw that back in Jan 2010 the FCC eliminated the loophole that allowed CSN Philly to no broadcast on Direct TV. Is there any timetable as to when it will be available. Thanks

The good news is...the CSN feed for the Phils games has been available to those of us that have MLB EI. No, not what we all want, the full time channel, but hey, I get to hear my Phils announcers for the games which is more than I have gotten any other year.

The good news is...the CSN feed for the Phils games has been available to those of us that have MLB EI. No, not what we all want, the full time channel, but hey, I get to hear my Phils announcers for the games which is more than I have gotten any other year.
Wish we could say the same thing for FLYERS games. I detest Jack/Jerk Edwards so much that last night I had WIP's audio on my phone into my stereo so I could mute the NESN audio. WIP's audio was a good minute of gametime behind NESN's video so I had to play DVR jockey and get em close to sync'd up.

Wish we could say the same thing for FLYERS games. I detest Jack/Jerk Edwards so much that last night I had WIP's audio on my phone into my stereo so I could mute the NESN audio. WIP's audio was a good minute of gametime behind NESN's video so I had to play DVR jockey and get em close to sync'd up.

CSN Philly was on the Versus Alt channel last night....604-1

CSN Philly was on the Versus Alt channel last night....604-1
Ahhh! Didn't know they were doing that. Wonder if they will tomorrow night as well? Watching the Red Sox tonight and they've been pimping that they're showing game 6. Will have to remember to look into it.

Ahhh! Didn't know they were doing that. Wonder if they will tomorrow night as well? Watching the Red Sox tonight and they've been pimping that they're showing game 6. Will have to remember to look into it.

Yeah you should check. I think the Penguins start at 7 and the Flyers start at 8 so they will probably open up the Alt channel.:up

I was pumped to see the CSN Philly feed for MLB EI this season but it is still blacked out for me. DirecTV told me that the distributer of the channel picked my zip code as one of the ones to not show the game in. So even though I have the home and away feed for Phillies games they are still blacked out because I live too close to Philly.

Maybe I will get it if DTV gets CSN Philly as a standard channel.

I was pumped to see the CSN Philly feed for MLB EI this season but it is still blacked out for me. DirecTV told me that the distributer of the channel picked my zip code as one of the ones to not show the game in. So even though I have the home and away feed for Phillies games they are still blacked out because I live too close to Philly.

Maybe I will get it if DTV gets CSN Philly as a standard channel.

Maybe you could "move" your service address/zip code to one that isn't in the Philly market but would still provide you with your same local channels.

You may want to consider Verizon FIOS if it is available to you. Comcast is not at war with them so you can get CSN Philly. Sadly, no NFL Sunday Ticket but they include NFL Red Zone Channel in the Ultimate HD package for free.

Dunno...I have WIP playing the Flyers radio broadcast with the NESN sound muted. I'm a good minute or more behind actual play. Was bad enough listening to Andy Brickley on Versus the first bunch of games but I just can't take Jack(ass) Edwards.

Any updates on this? Verizon has CSN in Philly? I am getting sick of missing all the games in my area. I have dish and the Phillies and Flyers are rarely on any other channel than CSN. Sux!!!

I am using xlingbox on a analog turner 4 CSN only for news before/after games Philly rise etc.
I stopped waiting for this to get resolved.
Picture is ok on SD tv forget about HDTV on sling. I heard comcast will go all digital in by 2011 not sure what I will do then.
I wish there was a internet feed on CSN so I didn't have to use my sling at friends house

It's not just the NHL. The NBA and the MLB have to deal with this comcast crap.

They need to all step up and force comcast hand even more at least they opened that feed to MLB EI , NBA LP and NHL CI.

maybe they should give D* a free pass to show games on VS / other networks or open the CI , NBA and LP for free to people in market even if they have to show the other teams feed.

The NHL and MLB has the feeds for there replay systems so maybe they can give that out as well.

to bad comcasts owns the teams as the Chicago teams DID NOT let comcast pull any of this crap when CSN CHI started and yes comcast put over flow games on CLTV / MOJO HD that was comcast only at the time and they all showed up on all other systems.

You may want to consider Verizon FIOS if it is available to you. Comcast is not at war with them so you can get CSN Philly. Sadly, no NFL Sunday Ticket but they include NFL Red Zone Channel in the Ultimate HD package for free.

I can live without it. I am a New York Sports fan. The Phils are my favorite NL team but I can live without watching them. I head to a lot of games a year since my buddy has season tickets. Just a pain not having it. I hate Comcast so much but with them I got both Philly Network and Sports channels with my main NY channels.

No FIOS in my area however.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)