Comedy Central in True HD

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yeah they have had that channel in HD for a week or two now. I've caught some stand up stuff in HD and the new season of South Park and some other shows will be in HD.

*upconverted HD NOT true. if you can't tell the difference i feel sorry for u.

I did not see this movie on comedy central, but why do you say it was not HD? I know you said saouth park was not a few weeks ago until you finally admitted it was. So explian? was it widescreen?

For that matter, based on when he posted it, and when you responded, did you see the show in question?

More HD on right now. Katt Williams stand up

I think Comedy Central has proven that they show plenty of HD

I couldn't tell. They must be using pretty good upconversation for their new HD programs...
It seems like the older stuff is kept at 4:3 and a few of the stand up programs made within the last few months are 16:9 and clear as other HD I get.

Last edited:
I couldn't tell. They must be using pretty good upconversation for their new HD programs...
It seems like the older stuff is kept at 4:3 and a few of the stand up programs made within the last few months are 16:9 and clear as other HD I get.

I guess I can not either:rolleyes:. This channel is actually doing it right so far and not stretching upconverted content. I have been very impressed.

I guess I can not either:rolleyes:. This channel is actually doing it right so far and not stretching upconverted content. I have been very impressed.

I'm glad they are putting through what they can in HD and keeping the older SD stuff at 4:3. I just checked now and it is HD at 16:9. Not stretched as far I can see.

Tomcat4680, you should check your settings on your receiver and make sure it is set to 1080i or 720p depending on your monitor.

Guys, there is no need to even debate the fact if comedy hd shows HD. It is extremely clear that the HD programs they show are of great quality with good HD equipment. The other night I must have seen 5 stand up shows in a row that were dated 2009, and I think 2 in 2008 and they were all HD very high quality. Also the 2008 season of southpark is in HD also, and they look great. Have seen alot of last seasons episodes in HD already.

This channel shows as much HD as many other channels, and they show the aspect correct 100% so far :up

I am not a huge fan of this channel, but I have found myself watching more often as of late, keep up the good work comedy HD

all movies from a specific date and back are all upconverted. they still look damn good and way better than looking at it in SD or stretched. so what's your point? you already bitched plenty before on how comedy central was not going to have any HD content and so far I've seen a good amount of HD. last night again I saw plenty of standup in Real HD. so what's the problem???

It's nothing short of a miracle that a traditional cable network is broadcasting HD on their HD channel.

fine i won't get back into it. i very seldom watch Comedy Central anyway so i dont care if its HD or not. at least they dont stretch unconverted 4:3 SD like TBS though. I'm pretty sure Saved by the Bell wasn't shot in 16:9!

For some reason I have yet to catch something in HD on Comedy Central. I haven't even seen any content that was shot in 16:9 and then upconverted. Maybe I am just tuning into the channel at all the wrong times.

For some reason I have yet to catch something in HD on Comedy Central. I haven't even seen any content that was shot in 16:9 and then upconverted. Maybe I am just tuning into the channel at all the wrong times.

I do not have it on right now, but primetime has been a good time to catch HD on there (among others, but this seems to be the best)

fine i won't get back into it. i very seldom watch Comedy Central anyway so i dont care if its HD or not. at least they dont stretch unconverted 4:3 SD like TBS though. I'm pretty sure Saved by the Bell wasn't shot in 16:9!

True, Saved By the Bell wasn't shot in in 16:9; but that can't be the measuring stick that you judge HD content by. Everytime someone post a HD sighting, you shoot it down as if you work for the company. What do you have against Direct HD, personally I love, left Dish a month ago and could'nt be happier. You should just sit back, relax, and enjoy Katt Williams in HD like everybody else.

i have nothing against D*. but i have alot against channels stretching shows that were produced in 4:3 SD and stretching them to 16:9 without properly upconverting them and saying "look its HD"!

i have nothing against D*. but i have alot against channels stretching shows that were produced in 4:3 SD and stretching them to 16:9 without properly upconverting them and saying "look its HD"!
As most of us do. CCHD does not stretch anything. So the stretch issue is not an issue with this station.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)