Comet HD horizontally squeezed

I noticed this too, but since this happen I also notice comet tv is no longer scrambling/jumping in video feed, wonder if is why it show SD right now even in HD cause there issue with HD feed, cause the channel been having the scrambling jump issue for months, some times it was so bad it wasnt even watch able

or maybe my issue the joey pixalating "issue"

yah squeeze is fixed but sadly they did not fix what ever going on with comet tv for months now the channel very skippy jump and even breaks up way way to often special on sunny days and no clouds

it happens on both my H3 and 4k Joeys, dish has been out twice to align my dish each time the came the channel behaved and was told I cant get any better receipetion and I have zero tree anything in LOS , soon as they left it start up again. some time it so bad channel isnt even watchable when out limits is playing is tend to be bad older movies too but stuff like battles star galactic is fine I starting to think there issue with Comet TV uplink to dish that channel was like this when first got it

Last edited:
Reactions: Howard Simmons
yah squeeze is fixed but sadly they did not fix what ever going on with comet tv for months now the channel very skippy jump and even breaks up way way to often special on sunny days and no clouds

it happens on both my H3 and 4k Joeys, dish has been out twice to align my dish each time the came the channel behaved and was told I cant get any better receipetion and I have zero tree anything in LOS , soon as they left it start up again. some time it so bad channel isnt even watchable when out limits is playing is tend to be bad older movies too but stuff like battles star galactic is fine I starting to think there issue with Comet TV uplink to dish that channel was like this when first got it
I turned over to Comet during halftime last night and as said above it's the same thing on my Hopper2/sling. So Dish has the same old problem. :mad:

I put Comet on for 1/2 hour just now I did not see the jumping/breaking up. Does it take watching longer to see it? This is on a VIP Receiver WA.

I turned over to Comet during halftime last night and as said above it's the same thing on my Hopper2/sling. So Dish has the same old problem. :mad:
Some times channel is fine other times it is not could be fine for hours could be fine for days then it can have all movie unwatch able or days of the video jumping?

I put Comet on for 1/2 hour just now I did not see the jumping/breaking up. Does it take watching longer to see it? This is on a VIP Receiver WA.
It random, some times it fine other times it there day where it clear skys and not cloud and the channel is jumpy and skipping. frankly other channels the skipping and jumping too but comet tv tends to the worse

I watch Comet every day and it looks fine to me. The only thing I've noticed lately about the channel is the audio volume is quite low compared to other channels.

maybe I have signal issue cause bird poop on my dish? I have had tech out twice to align the dish and they said it can get anybetter, but this bird poop been on dish for better part of year which about as long as i been noticing this skipping

I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind my previous comment about Comet.

I watched the Star Trek movie marathon yesterday and it's funny...the commercials all day long played just fine but the movies themselves stuttered, jumped ahead and sometimes played [what I call] "catch up" (where a scene is playing and it suddenly speeds up like it got behind somehow and had to catch up). This happened on both the H3 and the Joeys and was actually incredibly annoying. Another thing I noticed was when I tuned in to the channel the first time closed captions were playing fine but after every commercial break they'd stop displaying and I'd have to press select and close and then about after 20 seconds they'd return. I have Ray Bradbury Theater on as I'm writing this and it's doing it right now just like yesterday.

Very interesting...

I'm afraid I'm going to have to rescind my previous comment about Comet.

I watched the Star Trek movie marathon yesterday and it's funny...the commercials all day long played just fine but the movies themselves stuttered, jumped ahead and sometimes played [what I call] "catch up" (where a scene is playing and it suddenly speeds up like it got behind somehow and had to catch up). This happened on both the H3 and the Joeys and was actually incredibly annoying. Another thing I noticed was when I tuned in to the channel the first time closed captions were playing fine but after every commercial break they'd stop displaying and I'd have to press select and close and then about after 20 seconds they'd return. I have Ray Bradbury Theater on as I'm writing this and it's doing it right now just like yesterday.

Very interesting...

So it not just me... the channel has been like for almost a year some days it worse then other days can be fine. Could be fine for one show.movie bad for another then next even does on commercials some times

BSG always fine, so is quantum leap, Outer limits tend to be bad more often then not. some times it feels like signal issue other time it seems like channel uplink feed issue

I have a crazy thought could Dish be using a net stream of Comet instead of rebroadcasting the satellite feed?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using the SatelliteGuys app!

I have a crazy thought could Dish be using a net stream of Comet instead of rebroadcasting the satellite feed?

Sent from my SM-S205DL using the SatelliteGuys app!
thinking.gif

• Haha
I watched 2 episodes of Stargate SG-1 on Comet TV on Sunday. I compared the broadcast on channel 289 with the OTA broadcasts on Columbus 53-03 and Dayton 45-03. The satellite broadcast on channel 289 was HD and the picture was very clear. The satellite broadcast on channel 289 was delayed several seconds compared to the two OTA broadcasts. The OTA channels 53-03 and 45-03 were 480i and the picture was definitely inferior. I did not notice any stuttering or pixelating on any of the channels.

Today I noticed the stuttering like the film was actually slipping during the credits on channel 289. If I skipped back the stuttering was reproducible. Unfortunately I was not able to see whether the 2 OTA channels had the same problem.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

To further test the stuttering problems associated with Comet channel 289, I recorded Quantum Leap on channel satellite 289, OTA 45-03, and OTA 53-03 on my Hopper3. The Dish broadcast on channel 289 had several instances of bad stuttering. At the same locations the OTA channels would pixelate for just a second. So the problem appears to be in the actual program stream from Comet. The thing that is interesting is on the satellite channel 289 it shows up as a bad stutter as if the film is jerking while on the OTA 480i channels it shows up as a 1 second pixelation.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys