Please reply by conversation.

mackie99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 28, 2007
Sunny Southern California
I'm coming back to DTV from Dish. My install is scheduled for this Sunday. I'm curious about my setup. I've ordered the following:

1 - Genie
1 - Genie Client (C31?)
1 - HD DVR (HR24?)

Will I have problems adding the HD DVR to the Genie? Everyone I talked to at DTV kept asking me why I wanted another DVR. I told them I wanted two more tuners.

I'm curious if I should just get 2 clients and just forego the 2nd DVR.

Also, how fast will it be controlling recordings from either the C31 or DVR when watching shows? In the past, it was very slow when controlling shows from an H24.

I just got my Genie yesterday. It replaced an HR24 in my living room. I still have an HR24 in the bedroom. So I have 7 tuners (like you'll have). And no, the HR24 was absolutely no problem working with the Genie. You don't have to add the HR24 to the Genie as a client. I assume you're getting MRV, in which case the Genie and HR24 just simply found each other on the network and see each other's play list. For teh first couple days after an install I give the systems a little time to settle in. They are still going to download stuff after the installer leaves. For example, on that HR34 (Genie) I didn't have Youtube and Pandora until a full 24 hours or more after install so it was downloading something and updating guide data and stuff. Still not sluggish though. It's TV. Relax. :)

Will I have problems adding the HD DVR to the Genie?
no this isnt dish with their limitations

Everyone I talked to at DTV kept asking me why I wanted another DVR. I told them I wanted two more tuners.
if you're willing to pay for a HD DVR why should they care? ;)

I'm curious if I should just get 2 clients and just forego the 2nd DVR.
If you feel that you'll be maxing out the 5 tuners keep the 2nd DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts