Coming Soon: The DISH Sling Adapter!

Same here

Edited to add: we regained support for the 622:
Enjoy DISH programming on your computer or mobile device. Watch live and recorded content anywhere , anytime, as if you were in front of your TV at home!
$99.00 Includes standard shipping (continental US only).
Add to Cart Out of stock
Warranty / Return Information

• Includes a one (1) year warranty from the date of purchase.
  • Item includes a thirty (30) day return policy.
How It Works
From the SlingPlayer on their laptop, desktop computer, or supported mobile platform, consumers can watch their standard-definition or high-definition content, wherever they are located. They can also view their program guide and change channels,pause,fast forward or rewind, and set up their DVR recordings with the on-screen virtual remote control.
Features

• Simple plug and play installation
  • Produces a high-quanlity HD video stream
  • No external power supply required
  • USB 2.0 compliant
Compatibility

• Receiver Models: 622,722 and 722K
Package Contents
Sling Adapter

Last edited:
Same here

Edited to add: we regained support for the 622:
Not according to the CSR I just spoke with. When I asked if I could order one he checked my account and told me no because I have a 622 and not a 722/722K. I told him what the Dish Store page said and he checked with some other folks and even called the warehouse. Looks like whoever set up the web page made a boo-boo. At least I'm going to wait for another 622 user to test that out.:p

Just an update from DISH...

The 622 being listed as being compatable with the DISH Sling Adapter is an ERROR and will be removed tomorrow.

Again the DISH Sling Adapter is NOT compatible with the 622, only the 722 and 722k!

With the Sling adapter and a Vip 722, is the internet connection involved to Sling to i-Pad? Also would I need a Sling Player?
All I want to be able to do is watch Dish in my bedroom with my i-Pad.

It will still use the network in your house but not go out to the internet and back in again. :)

Yes you will be able to watch on your iPad.

DISH Network Connectivity Test Tool

Try the DISH Network Connectivity Test Tool and decide for yourself.

http://dishconnectivity.sling.com/

As a side note, I am looking forward to comparisons between DISH Sling Adapter equipped 722/722ks ViP922DVRs. I wanted to get Sling quite some time ago, but decided to wait because I had read that a Sling equipped receiver was coming. When the 922 was released I was disappointed when I found out that there was no TV2 output. Then I decided to switch from the 622 I had to a 722k. I sure hope that the DISH Sling Adapter works well. I am hoping that based on the experience they have had with the 922 that this should work pretty well.

Last edited:
Thanks Jim, It looks like I am borderline with my Siemens router, but I will buy the adapter when available and go from there.
Dan

Is this the device they'll be using?
Sling Media - Slingbox 700U
If so it only shows SlingPlayer Mobile will work on iPhone, BlackBerry, and Windows Mobile, but if they get an Android app out I'll definitely be interested in jumping on this.

Also this article shows it'll be $99 with on monthly cost which would be NICE!

Sam

The DishRemote Access app is in the Android Marketplace. I know it works with my 722 hooked up to HD Slingbox so I assume it would work with this one.

The DishRemote Access app is in the Android Marketplace. I know it works with my 722 hooked up to HD Slingbox so I assume it would work with this one.
I downloaded it too, but it won't let me log in. Is there something special you had to do with your Slingbox before it would let you log in?

TheKrell said:
I downloaded it too, but it won't let me log in. Is there something special you had to do with your Slingbox before it would let you log in?

I associated that slingbox with that receiver several months back on the regular dishonline website.

How long a wait for a Windows Slingplayer app? Need my Windows Mobile 6.1 Touch Pro 2 to work on the road. Or does the $29.99 app in the windows marketplace work?

OK, so I can view a progam from a remote location, but I still can not network my 722 receivers like TIVO, AT&T and DirectTV (just to name a few).

This is perhaps the most missed feature from my TIVO days.