Comments Needed: DishONLINE Reviews

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'll join in with being underwhelmed by the content at this point. After browsing through the available library, I ended up with nothing to even tempt me to try this out. It's going to take some HD content and much better SD offerings to get me involved financially and timewise. I was surprised by the lack of HD and television offerings. I couldn't help but feel like I was browsing through some VHS aisle at the video store. I mean really...you click on New Releases and find Ace Ventura???

I'll join in with being underwhelmed by the content at this point. After browsing through the available library, I ended up with nothing to even tempt me to try this out. It's going to take some HD content and much better SD offerings to get me involved financially and timewise. I was surprised by the lack of HD and television offerings. I couldn't help but feel like I was browsing through some VHS aisle at the video store. I mean really...you click on New Releases and find Ace Ventura???

I would pay for some really obscure stuff, like old episodes of Doctor Who from the 60's and 70's, but not for movies that are probably playing on USA at midnight.

I would pay for some really obscure stuff, like old episodes of Doctor Who from the 60's and 70's, but not for movies that are probably playing on USA at midnight.

I will not watch a movie on TNT or USA or any other channel with commercial breaks. Commercial breaks also means edited for content.

How about putting the few HD programs on the HD channels E* doesn't carry on there. This needs to be E*'s "OnDemand".

What I think is stupid is that after you set up a user name and password at Dishonline, then click DishMusic, you have to register again. When I saw that I said screw it. Other than scheduling timers remotely, I see this service as useless.

Same thing with Dish Theatre. If Dish is going to "partner" with these other companies, do NOT make people "register" with every one of them.

I was very excited about this technology, so I bought a Linksys wireless gaming adapter to talk to my wireless router and it worked great. I did not use the sling/electrical outlet method, because I don't think my tv and computer are on the same circuit.

Anyway, it took 3+ hrs. to download, which is a problem. But the biggest disspointment is that you have to watch it within 24 hrs. That is next to impossible in my house. So to me its a waste until you can download and store the movies on your DVR. Also the selection was not very good at all.

But the biggest disspointment is that you have to watch it within 24 hrs. That is next to impossible in my house. So to me its a waste until you can download and store the movies on your DVR.

Once you download the movie, you have SEVEN days to view it. Once you begin to WATCH it, you have 24 hours to watch it as often as you like before it deletes.

I too was excited about this technology. I bought a Netgear powerline adapter off ebay, works perfect. My 622 had no problems setting up with the adapter. Went to Dishonline through my DVR. What huge let down! I really hope this changes, hopefully with more on demand stuff or a least some free movies. $2.99 for Ghostbusters or any other movie over 15 years old sucks!

Scott..I ran an ethernet cable from my 622 to my router, and attempted a movie download. A screen came up saying I wasn't connected to the internet...is this because I don't have the right software yet (I have the 612) or possibly that I need an internet swich as described on p. 5 of the DishONLINE pdf?

Scott..I ran an ethernet cable from my 622 to my router, and attempted a movie download. A screen came up saying I wasn't connected to the internet...is this because I don't have the right software yet (I have the 612) or possibly that I need an internet swich as described on p. 5 of the DishONLINE pdf?

Does your router hand out IP addresses dynamically or is it set to static addresses?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)