Commercial Dish Network antenna ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jrcorado

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
Maryland USA
Hello, I need help with a question;

Which satellite dish antenna do I need to install for an existing commercial dish network business currently using 119 and 110 only. They want to upgrade to HD receivers, but I don't know whether to just add 61.5 or one of the newer antenna types.

The location is Washington DC

Any help will be appreciated,

Thanks

Last edited:
An eastern arc would probably be best since 61.5 has the HD locals. They changed the commercial packs to include locals now too. A single dish for 61.5/72.7/77 (1000.4 I believe) would be the best unless you have a line of site problem.

Dish has commercial accounts? :p:D

Even though I was only joking, I seriously have seen few to no businesses with Dish.

Commercial accounts have to pay through the nose for sports programming. So, sports bars probably go with DIRECTV since they have so many RSNs HD 24/7. Dish is good for other programming.

O well,You would be surprise how many Hotels,Hospitals,Applebees and Chilis Rest we had been working here on the past 2 years here.
Hotels and hospitals I can see, but all of them I have seen all have local cable.

Every Applebees and Chilis I have been to all of Direct. Cannot watch baseball, march madness or NFL on Dish, except for what they show locally. All of the TVs in these restaurants are in the bars and they always have sports on.

Even the gyms I go to have DirecTV. Although I wish they would not have TVs at all and have the equipment facing the nice view of the outside instead of the TVs that always have CNN, ESPN, or ABC on.

Last edited:
Cannot watch baseball, march madness or NFL on Dish, except for what they show locally.

Unless you have a sports bar I don't think only having the local teams is a big deal. Seems that's what the majority of people want to watch anyway.

Makes me wonder what the cost of Sunday Ticket or Extra Innings is for a commercial customer?

Unless you have a sports bar I don't think only having the local teams is a big deal. Seems that's what the majority of people want to watch anyway.

Makes me wonder what the cost of Sunday Ticket or Extra Innings is for a commercial customer?

D* has a site just for businesses.

DIRECTV: FOR BUSINESS: BARS AND RESTAURANTS: SPORTS

Estimate Viewing Occupancy 2010 Season Rate
Public
1 - 50 $749.97

Which is why many local restaurants go with local cable around here. It is often much less expensive than Dish or Direct

Which is why many local restaurants go with local cable around here. It is often much less expensive than Dish or Direct

They are also skating on thin ice as far as being sued by the music industry unless they pay the ASCAP fees. They also face copyright issues with sports programming. Dish/DIRECTV commercial packages cover these fees.

They are also skating on thin ice as far as being sued by the music industry unless they pay the ASCAP fees. They also face copyright issues with sports programming. Dish/DIRECTV commercial packages cover these fees.
Cablecos no doubt have "commercial" service just like D* and E*. I know the local Time Warner does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)