Commercials!!!...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dishman Dan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 22, 2008
N/A
Does anybody know who and why they put "extra" commercials during shows which I really notice on the History Channel??? I have a subscription through NPS which I am real happy with other than some quality issues on G3 and the annoying commercials! We will be watching something and right when a key part of the show is on then a commercial pops in for some zit cream!!! :rant: The big problem is that the show still continues on while the commercial runs. A short time after the show is back ( and parts are missed) then there is a break for a commercial or two but the show is stopped and then returns. Why is the show interupted in such a way and who puts the ads on??? The other annoying part is the VOLUME LEVEL OF THE COMMERCIALS!!! :rant:

it has nothing to do with your provider

commercials heavily depend on the episode's run time, it could be anywhere from 21 to 26 minutes, so if you have a episode with a short runtime, you will have more commercials

look on the bright side, cartoon network has a bad habit of launching shows 2-3 minutes early, so if i dvr something, 2-3 minutes will be cut off

Yeah but they should stop the show during the commercial so nothing is missed!!!... :mad: It is like watching "The Iceberg FTA Show" and they cut in with a "Charlie" commercial when Ice is showing how to set up a motor and is going to show the most critical point. When they get back to the show Ice is all done and sitting on a couch saying "That is all there is to it, just do what I just showed you." Then in another 5 minutes there is a "legit" commercial spot and Ice says we will be back after we hear from our sponsors and the show stops. The commercial is done and Ice says, "Welcome back..." None of the show is missing in this spot. Like I said it is very annoying on the History Channel! Check it out!

Yeah but they should stop the show during the commercial so nothing is missed!!!... :mad: It is like watching "The Iceberg FTA Show" and they cut in with a "Charlie" commercial when Ice is showing how to set up a motor and is going to show the most critical point. When they get back to the show Ice is all done and sitting on a couch saying "That is all there is to it, just do what I just showed you." Then in another 5 minutes there is a "legit" commercial spot and Ice says we will be back after we hear from our sponsors and the show stops. The commercial is done and Ice says, "Welcome back..." None of the show is missing in this spot. Like I said it is very annoying on the History Channel! Check it out!

i see... sounds like nps is hurting for $$$

Equity is notorious for that with the AMGTV channels, When wrestling is on they either start late, cut to a commercial early or cut the last little bit off. The feed they are getting already has commercials but they like to insert their won sometimes

And dont get me wrong...I like to see the Jillian Barberie weight loss commercial (especially when she is in the bikini) but dang it...wait until the commercial should be

The other day I saw Equity cut to a commercial for the "come June 12 we are switching to digital..." during a PAID PROGRAM!! Uh Equity...there are no commercials during that 30 minutes

I don't have the History channel but it sounds like to me that something is triggering (falsely) Hits's automatic commercial insert. If this only happens on that channel I would say it's a technical issue. It has nothing to do with NPS or SRL.

I know all the channels I get on W5 don't do it so its not a global thing or believe it's Comcasts intent. If one calls NPS or SRL about it I woulds have them contact Hits and have them check there system out vs bitching at NPS or SRL that it's there fault.

i heard a funny saying "you are watching commericals with show fill ins"
might as well run informicals all day long. all they care about is $$$$$$$$
john

It really does seem to be going that way. And of course all they care about is $$$, that's why they broadcast in the first place.
I'm sure there is some signal that is supposed to trigger the automated "studio" equipment to insert commercials, I'm guessing it is not on a timer.......but who knows. If it were on a timer that was not synced properly that would explain it.
The fact that there is less actual staff and more automation is the most likely cause.

Right, about the "more automation" crap. Try watching anything on Biography or History on the hotel network, and I don't see many of their own commercials inserted. But by golly they got that machinery set up on tenths of a second, I believe. BIo can instantly switch, in the middle of a sentence sometimes, to that #$!@! screaming blabbermouth (TIRED OF YOUR CAR GETTING DINGS blah blah). Oooooooh that sends me into orbit lol. Luckily there is very little I care for on that channel. And, as an aside--one of California's democrat congresswomen is going to save us all from those screaming loud ads--saw a story on it last week.

OT: Jillian

...I like to see the Jillian Barberie weight loss commercial (especially when she is in the bikini) ...
I haven't noticed here lately, but she was on one of the LA station a year or two ago.
I think she started by doing weather.
Then, I think she got an "entertainment" segment on the station.
Any station in LA (in the VHF channels) is a lot bigger market than many small town network stations.

Here is some background on Jillian, but let me quote a bit that is in agreement with what I remember.
Unfortunately, they don't say where she is now.
"She later moved to 'KTTV', a Fox affiliate in Los Angeles, where she hosted "Good Day L.A." in 2005.
The "Good Day L.A." became the most popular show bringing further fame and glory to the weather-babe Jillian Barberie
"
Read the link for more.

at first I had no idea what you were talking about. but saw it last night on history on W5. Right in the middle of a sentence from the show it switched to a commercial for some acne cream, that commercial ended and it went back to history which started up, again, mid-sentence. exceedingly annoying. just like all of those stupid little "pop up ads" in the bottom of the screen.. that are there for the entire show, cutting off parts of the picture.
makes me want to bail on TV completely

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)