Common CSR mistakes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stonecold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 23, 2004
Directv La La Land
To be fair I noticed some csr mistakes, to go along with teh irrational customer complaints.

1. agents dont verify when therey activating Protection plan replacemtns that if it replacing a owned box that the new box is marked as owned. Note I say protection plan not courtsey replacement. We do at time give courtsey replacements for custoemr with owned equipment with out there being protection plan if they been with us long enough which those are leased. But Protection Plan replacemtns are always to be marked as owned if they are replacing owned equipment.

2. Agents not going beyond there first screen that shows a customer comittment date when a customer get upset about the comittment. Some times it plan and simple like you see they were installed on 07/09 that the 7/2011 is valid. But when a customer been around for a while like in scotts case where we screwed up the replacement order that caused the 24 months contract extion .

3. CSR not explaning Credits, Partial months charges and cancelation fees correctly

4. The new customer rebate process, why does there need to be a rebate customers should just get teh credit

5. CSRs that added HD Access to a mpeg4 market when it not needed.

6. Agents who just give credits to shut customers up.

7. Agents who wont check out online reference system that scott mention before dtv has a great knowledge base reference that all agents should be using on a regular basis.

8. tech agents who dont properly credit a service call when they set it up. they ware supposed to issue credit before the service call ever happens.

So yes I am just as hard on my fellow agents and supervisors as i am on customers.

We do at time give courtsey replacements for custoemr with owned equipment with out there being protection plan if they been with us long enough which those are leased
Assuming the customer does not have the protection plan, does or does not DirecTV replace defective leased receivers for only a shipping charge? If so, does the replacement of a defective leased receiver result in a new two year commitment? I have read confusing things about this two questions, and would like to get a definite answer.

Thanks!

Assuming the customer does not have the protection plan, does or does not DirecTV replace defective leased receivers for only a shipping charge? If so, does the replacement of a defective leased receiver result in a new two year commitment? I have read confusing things about this two questions, and would like to get a definite answer.

Thanks!
Technically, it does NOT extend a contract for a defective replacement of the same model number. Apparently, some reps will re-extend you, even though they're not suppose to.

There are two type of courtsy replacments

1. Customer has owned equipment and we give a replacment it would be leased and it would extend contract

2. Customer has leased equipment. customer pays only s/h and it does not .

( note this for people wiht out protection plan. )

Stone,

Just my take on it from my experiences when I called CRS's but it seems to me that a lot of the customer issues with some CRS's may be due to training issues with CSR's. When I've had a problem, such as when I upgraded to HD in Aug '08, I called a CSR since I wasn't receiving the MLB EI HD feeds (last year when EI Superfan was required) and the CSR tried several re-hits to my box without success. I wasn't positive myself at the time I called that the problem was that I hadn't been authorized with EI SF, but I guessed that this was the problem. So I just called another CSR and got it fixed. I was patient with the 1st CSR and took the "high road" :) without being abusive or rude. I just tried a 2nd CSR and all was ok. The 2nd CSR mentioned "off the record" to me that she was also surprised that my 1st CSR wasn't aware of the SF/HD requirement. She also mentioned training as an issue with CSR's.

I remember that I was surprised that the 1st CSR wasn't aware that SF was required for the EI HD feeds last season.

Due to the lack of training at DirecTV, I won't deal or talk to anyone other then Retentions even if it's for something as simple as replacing a dead receiver.

They have to understand that a lot of us use websites like this to troubleshoot issues before calling. When I call, I don't need to be treated as if I don't know anything. I always introduce myself and let the person know what level of of knowledge I have. In my experience, this works wonders.

4. The new customer rebate process, why does there need to be a rebate customers should just get teh credit.

As a tech this is the worst thing ever.

For example:

Got a job today

Ird-Kaku
Ird-Kaku
Ird-Standard
Ird-Standard
Ird-Standard
Ird-Standard
ODU-Kaku SWM3

get to the job, go over the receivers with the customer, do my site servey and get to work.

Couple hours later, 6 lines ran and about to active first KaKu and the customer says " can we add another standard box?" Sure, call up work order modification and the CSR or whoever they are says" Becuase the customer did what they were supposed to do and submit their rebate, I have to make a new order"

45 minutes later I got back to work and lost time for my next job.
Basically added 2 hours to my day from all the extra hoops I had to jump through.

Last edited:
Which I find funny as Retentions often does not know what there doing they often toss money at the problem.

Yes sometimes it helps to cut the chase but other times I had customers swear there was something wrong with there reciever that our basic trouble shooting fixed. Not everything can you do your self. And I dont mean it wont turn on or it formated the drive 5 times and it some redunant loop.

As a tech this is the worst thing ever.

For example:

Got a job today

Ird-Kaku
Ird-Kaku
Ird-Standard
Ird-Standard
Ird-Standard
Ird-Standard
ODU-Kaku SWM3

get to the job, go over the receiver with the customer, do my site servey and get to work.

Couple hours later, 6 lines ran and about to active first KaKu and the customer says " can we add another standard box?" Sure, call up work order modification and the CSR or whoever they are says" Becuase the customer did what they were supposed to do and submit their rebate, I have to make a new order"

45 minutes later I got back to work and lost time for my next job.
Basically added 2 hours to my day from all the extra hoops I had to jump through.

Well if they just apply the credit. vs appling for the rebate. it would not lock the work order and it would not be an issue.

I really think that it is something that we at directv need to work on is the overall customer experience with pomotions and make it easier for all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts