Compatible Hard Drive 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Can any Seagate 500GB SATA drive be used or just the one specifically mentioned in this thread?

What happens if you put just any 500GB SATA drive in? Will it at least use the drive? Or will it simply fail to do anything with the drive? Has anybody tried this?

Go to the Yahoo Group Dishmod.

groups.yahoo.com/group/dishmod

There, in the database area is a list of Dish approved hard drives for the 622.

Alright, one last question:

If I'm upgrading my DVR 622 drive, can I take the original drive that came with the 622 and sell it to somebody else? If so, will their 622 or 722 be able to use the drive? Do I have to format it before I give it to them or will their DVR automatically format/partition the drive for them?

Thanks

No.
Those disks are OEM and using special commands to spin-up when using in 622/722. Any PC will not able to see the disk without sending the commands after each reset or power on.

No.
Those disks are OEM and using special commands to spin-up when using in 622/722. Any PC will not able to see the disk without sending the commands after each reset or power on.

I got that part. What i wanted to know was if I sold the old drive from my 622 to someone else with a 622 or 722, will they be able to use the old drive from my 622? Or will their 622 or 722 reject the drive from my 622?

Thanks

Check Yahoo: Dishmod: Database.
Wait, you could make more money if you'll keep your recordings. ;)

So, if I forgot to delete my recordings from my old 622 HD, does that mean the new recipient of my old HD will be able to view/watch my recordings?

I thought I read somewhere that the 622 automatically reformats a drive in its entirety when another drive is placed into it.

My 622 now has 55 hours of space. Thanks P Smith for that suggestion. It worked!!

...Very happy

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)