Compensation for the Directv Lies?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
As of now, yes, they are behind in HD delivery, at least compared to E* and FIOS - not cable, at least not where I'm at. But actually, if you look at the numbers, I think you'll find that they are gaining customers because of the new HD channels much faster than they are losing them because of the delays...

I don't know about that, I can only speak from personal experience. But if they are gaining customers selling something that they still don't have, they will lose them just as fast. And those customers will be PISSED.

Yes D* is behind. And yes they are still gaining customers. They have an excellent marketing department. I install D* and E*. Most people who come in want D* these days.. Why?? Because each and every one THINK that D* is the HD Leader. No one hears the ads when they say SOON. What the hear is D* has 150 HD Channels and 1500 local HD Channels.. They are too busy watching Pamela Anderson jiggle around and don't hear the fine print so to speak.. IF E* had half the marketing department that D* had they would be running ads right behind D* ads talking about the real truth. Yes I believe that D* will have more channels in the very near future. But I also believe that E* will proabably match them one for one. It is all in the marketing of your product.. I think the reason that D* hasn't fessed up the truth about what is going on is because it would be an admission of the fact that they are not the leader in HD yet and the 99% of people that don't wander the halls of these forums might learn the nasty truth. And then more than just this 1% that read here would be p*ssed. This is not a D* rant.. This is a talk about the truth.. I want D* to have these channels.. I have too many customers that are asking me where they are since I installed them and although I told them that they are coming soon, They want more now...

The problem is not just that it did not work this time, that it has been "soon" for quite some time, and they will give us no other information. I have been waiting for these channels for 12 months+, and I think its time to stop the excuses.

We can't even get a "gee, sorry" or a straight answer from them, just a quick change of the website in the middle of the night. That really shows what their word means to them.

Additionally, the CSR's were stating the 19th. It doesn't get more official from a company than that...............that is the only way that most people get information about their services..............

First of all you have to take what the CSR's tell you with a grain of salt. The 19th was a target date and was never written in stone.

I don't know about that, I can only speak from personal experience. But if they are gaining customers selling something that they still don't have, they will lose them just as fast. And those customers will be PISSED.

I can't believe the level of whining here. For chrissake... all D* officially announced (and it's never been changed from what I've seen on the official site & communications) was HD by the end of Q3... THAT'S IT!!!! If 10/1/07 rolls around and you don't have it, then grab your box of tissues and come back.

If a CSR is telling you 9/19, it's probably just to get your whining ass off the phone so they can help a legitimate customer not looking for a handout or a place to cry.

Grow a pair.

I can't believe the level of whining here. For chrissake... all D* officially announced (and it's never been changed from what I've seen on the official site & communications) was HD by the end of Q3... THAT'S IT!!!! If 10/1/07 rolls around and you don't have it, then grab your box of tissues and come back.

If a CSR is telling you 9/19, it's probably just to get your whining ass off the phone so they can help a legitimate customer not looking for a handout or a place to cry.

Grow a pair.

Once again, I never asked for ANY THING FREE. Or even "cried" to them. Or whined. Nor do I want anything, just the HD channels that have been long in coming. Maybe you should read the ENTIRE thread before posting.

CSR's are as close to official as you can get. They represent Directv.

Who has the pair, someone who views things as they are or someone who says "just wait, it'll be cool because they said so". Take a step back and look at this from an outsiders P.O.V. You should read some of the posts from the other person on this thread who has current experience with BOTH satellite providers................

Read the whole discussion, don't just give a knee jerk reaction to the last part.

Once again, I never asked for ANY THING FREE. Or even "cried" to them. Or whined. Nor do I want anything, just the HD channels that have been long in coming. Maybe you should read the ENTIRE thread before posting.

CSR's are as close to official as you can get. They represent Directv.

Who has the pair, someone who views things as they are or someone who says "just wait, it'll be cool because they said so". Take a step back and look at this from an outsiders P.O.V. You should read some of the posts from the other person on this thread who has current experience with BOTH satellite providers................

Read the whole discussion, don't just give a knee jerk reaction to the last part.

roflmao... CSRs - making $10.50/hr - are "as close to official as you get"?!?!?!?! No wonder you're sniveling.

I've read everything on this thread (and most other ones) - and nobody here has identified themselves as being official representation from D*. I have no doubt there are probably employees here, and some who obviously have connections to employees - but who's who? Nobody knows - but everybody seems to take their word as the gospel.

D* officially communicated (not through CSRs... who most think are worthless when it comes to helping out, but the second they "release info" they're geniuses - nice double standard) by the end of Q3, nothing else. But if you want to be one of the sheep who listen to a bunch of people who you don't know, and believe that the CSRs have any more idea than a bunch of rumor mongers, go ahead.

I'll jump on the pile on 10/1/07 - not before then.

Not sure if you have a job or not, but new job orientation class number one (or at least during the first week) is that EVERY employee of a company is a REPRESENTATIVE of that company. Whether it is a janitor with a mop or the president, they are a representative when they speak to the public about company matters. CSR's (Customer Service REPRESENTATIVES) are employee's of the company they work for. Just because you (and others) decide that they are idiots or that they do not have accurate information does not make them less of a REPRESENTATIVE of the company.

By the way, who is the sheep? This company is behind, and yet MANY WILL NOT ADMIT IT! You are the sheep, following the company line and giving them break after break (what happened to new HD in spring) without any experience with the other companies.

The truth of the matter is that their advertising has been misleading, their communication sucks, and they are behind when it comes to HD. They have signed on many customers with the promise of providing more/better HD, and know they are rushing around at the last minute to throw it together. If they had been more honest with their advertising, or at least a little more open, this would not be the mess it has turned into for them.

Directv knows that their CSR's gave out a date that has since passed, have they communicated anything to their customers? Not at all.

Call me names, say I have no balls, whatever, but who is touting the company line........................ I'm not. I have the guts to stand up and say that I want what I was promised in the spring, and the summer, and September and on the 19th and on and on...............

BTW, I'll see you here on 10/1 when they still can't figure this out..........

Grow a pair.

AMEN!!.;)

pdv048042.jpg

:clap

Very entertaining!!! Better than reading the newspaper while eating my lunch!!!!!!

I guess I should have said here come the sheep...............

OOPS, that is funny though.............:haha

Is the suggestion that if my bank teller tells me about a CD APY that they'll be offering a month from now, I should wait? Or if they "know" mortgage rates will be dropping later in the quarter, I hold off on buying a house?

I trust what my teller reads me off of their computer (balance)... any other policy related matters I taked from the decision makers or I get it in writing...

Much like my satellite tv, evidently.

I have an HR20-700 and an HR10-250. I called to inquire about getting another HR-20 in place of my HR10 for the new channels. I also inquired about the September 19th date and no HD channels being added, that must have done it for me. I have an installer comming out next Saturday to swap out my sidecar with the slimline dish and another HR20 for free, I didn't even have to pay shipping.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)