Component Cable vs. HDMI

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Jimbo, in regards to an earlier post by you on this thread, are you saying with a blueray player mated with a 1080p tv that if I use the component connection between the two that I will NOT get a true 1080p picture on my set?
Thats the way I understood it when my buddy who is in the High End A/V business told me ...

I wasn't initially sure, so I checked with them.

Right, because even though component WILL technically support 1080p, it does not support copy protection. So no device will output 1080p through component, only HDMI.

thank all the lobbyists in hollywood is are working hard so your tv set and a/v equipment can run crippled.
one would think that Apple is running the standards..maybe we can jailbreak our componet video so it will deliver 1080P LOL.

I am not sure directv even gives the PPV movies enough bandwidth for a true 1080P connection to really make a difference.

On my older HDTV (from 2004) I have to significantly recalibrate the set's color, tint, and brightness settings when shifting back and forth between component and HDMI/DVI. It is pain to switch between sources.

Jimbo, in regards to an earlier post by you on this thread, are you saying with a blueray player mated with a 1080p tv that if I use the component connection between the two that I will NOT get a true 1080p picture on my set? I am using my only HDMI input for my H24. I just purchased this 40 inch Samsung on Black Friday at Best Buy. Darn thing only has 1 HDMI input. Was not looking at the set close enough. Someone mentioned somewhere that this TV was specifically put together for Black Friday in that there are no frills on this set and that the goal was to keep the price down. Great pic but I'm wishing there were additional HDMI inputs.
Dave, I'd suggest an A/V receiver that has 1080p capability.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)