Component Cables Supplied by Voom

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Thanks for everyone's help. I'm gonna be paranoid and spring for the Belden cables from Ram. avsforum guys say they're the best and are about 1/3 the price of monster.

Monster is way overpriced at Best Buy and any place you buy them. My roommate works for them and the markup is at least 50%, but since he works for best buy we were got them without the markup. Can tell a difference with them, but don't think it justifies the price.

Voomster, if you believe the crap you're spewing, I have an Eskimo refrigerator to sell you.

Voomster said:
but ... :clap if your really want superior quality use the DVI connector that Voom gives you or buy a $90 + Monster... Superior quality DVI cable to receive your best digital HD picture possible !!!

man I hate this myth...

Voomster, I hate the one bearer of bad news, but..

DVI is totally DIGITAL, which means it's basically 1's and 0's being sent through the cable, not an analog signal like with component cables, same for toslink/optical digital...

that in short means that any cheap DVI cable (ebay's $1 DVI cable) will send the EXACT same quality signal that your OVERPRICED $100 monster DVI cable, (the main thing DVI ofers is an advantage for fixed pixel displays like PLASMA/LCD) but monster will not be ANY better than the "other" cables when it comes to digital, again its all 1's & 0's...

in the digital realm a cable either works or it doesnt, there is no better or worse

now for component, usually there is an advantage to buying a better cable, but the difference is not that incredible unless you are going for a longer cable in which case the monster would be better since signal degrades over distance gradually, but normally your standart gold plated cables are good enough in lenghts of 3 to 6 ft or less. For more, a better quality cable helps

squicken said:
It's not that they're of inferior quality, it's just you can get all you need from other vendors for much cheaper.

smamuch, yes Voom STB was supposed to come with all sorts of different cables, oncluding component -chad
Monster cables ARE better than any piece of junk that comes with any component, be it a VCR or HD DVD player. For digital and optical they are worthless, for analog, like a component video signal, the shielding alone allows for a cleaner signal.

I have been using monster cables for all my analog needs for more than 5 years. I can attest that I moved from a series 1 to a series 3 cable; 1 meter length for my DVD player, HD STB and XBOX. The color saturation had a dramatic visible improvement. As far as the S-video and composite are concerned they make a huge difference even on my 19" & 24" Sony TV's.

They now have a demo at Ultimate Electronics that shows how well these work ... trust me, ask an ISF tech and they will tell you same thing. If you have the cash, they are worth the money.

DRAKO said:
man I hate this myth...

Voomster, I hate the one bearer of bad news, but..
I missed this before my last post ... correct you are drako! I guess as long as we know that is really all that matters.:rolleyes:

For the record:
DIGITAL SIGNALS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO RF NOISE AND OTHER INTERFERENCE.
ANALOG SIGNALS ARE AND YOU WILL SEE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT WITH ANALOG SOURCES (AUDIO AND VIDEO) WITH BETTER CABLES. :dev

Before I bought a decent pair of Component cables, I used a 3 cable pair meant for composite/rca anaolog audio and I saw ZERO improvement switching them out with the more expensive Component cable. I am NOT an advocate of high priced cables, it's simply a marketing mechanism to suck money from your wallet with Monster being the biggest suckee and the consumer being the biggest sucker.

slacker9876 said:
I missed this before my last post ... correct you are drako! I guess as long as we know that is really all that matters.:rolleyes:

For the record:
DIGITAL SIGNALS ARE NOT SUBJECT TO RF NOISE AND OTHER INTERFERENCE.
ANALOG SIGNALS ARE AND YOU WILL SEE A SUBSTANTIAL IMPROVEMENT WITH ANALOG SOURCES (AUDIO AND VIDEO) WITH BETTER CABLES. :dev

yeah, as longh as WE know is cool, but it helps if other ppl know too, its crazy how expensive a cable can get if consumers keep buying at these prices even when it makes no difference in the digital realm...

at least it could help our analog stuff be cheaper (where it counts) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)