Component output trouble...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jjnemoiii

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 29, 2004
I have an H-20 receiver. I use the only HDMI output for one HDTV, want to use component output for the other HDTV, but the picture quality sucks from component output. Tried two TV's, three different cables, Still bad. Used one of the cable to run component video from DVD to TV, picture is perfect. Back to DirecTV receiver, picture sucks. HDMI picture is great. Any idea's?

I have an H-20 receiver. I use the only HDMI output for one HDTV, want to use component output for the other HDTV, but the picture quality sucks from component output. Tried two TV's, three different cables, Still bad. Used one of the cable to run component video from DVD to TV, picture is perfect. Back to DirecTV receiver, picture sucks. HDMI picture is great. Any idea's?

I assume (I know!) that you are using component cables and not regular rca cables, yes? If you are, then it sounds as if the component output on the H20 is bad.

I was gonna say, there shouldn't be that much difference between the two.
Looks like you have it isolated to a bad component on the H20, unfortunatly, they onlt have one output, then again, there's really no need for another one...

Jimbo

Thanks, bad Component output on H20. Anyone ever try any of the HDMI splitters?

Have you considered having D***** replace the H20?

I had the opposite, component worked fine but no HDMI so I got a replacement. The downside is the H21 replacement didn't have the OTA channels integrated like the H20.

I couldn't tell the difference in picture quality between HDMI and component.

Have you considered having D***** replace the H20?

I had the opposite, component worked fine but no HDMI so I got a replacement. The downside is the H21 replacement didn't have the OTA channels integrated like the H20.

I couldn't tell the difference in picture quality between HDMI and component.

I can't tell the difference with DVD player HDMI vs. component.
i dont want to replace the H-20, because I'll probably get an H-21 without OTA integrated, would like to avoid one more box for OTA's.
Think I'll try this splitter:
http://www.cablesunlimited.com/products/Prod_Individual3.aspx?groupcode=I3587

I can't tell the difference with DVD player HDMI vs. component.
i dont want to replace the H-20, because I'll probably get an H-21 without OTA integrated, would like to avoid one more box for OTA's.
Think I'll try this splitter:
Cables Unlimited

It probably won't work. Passive splitters have handshake issues. IIRC, powered splitters may work, but are much more expensive. Good luck!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)