No Signal on HR 20

Status
Please reply by conversation.

98LS

Original poster
Mar 6, 2009
Tennessee
I have a really strange thing happening with my HD DVR receiver.

For the last two nights, after dinner, my downstairs HR 20 loses it's satellite signal. I've done everything I can think of to fix it (check connections at the dish, box, wall, and receiver. Done a reset, unplugged the receiver, reconfigured the satellite settings).

The first night, reconfiguring the satellite settings worked. Last night, nothing worked. After explaining these issues to the rep at D*, he thought it cold be the multiswitch going. Does this sound like a possibility before I call for a tech?

Yeah, switch the receivers and see if the problem persists. If the problem moves upstairs, its the receiver, if it stays down stairs its not. If the problem stays down stairs and you have easy access to the multi switch, switch the upstairs outputs with the downstairs outputs on the multi switch. If the problem goes upstairs, it's the switch. If it stays downstairs, it's something in the lines. Hope that helps.

I've had problems with my multiswitch. Two outputs were feeding the HR21 downstairs and one feeding the H21 upstairs. I started noticing problems with certain feeds going out. All the even feeds at first. Eventually, they all went out. I switched to the spare output of the multiswitch, and everything went back to normal.

I either have a bad output on the multiswitch, or the cable on that output is bad.

Last edited:
I tried another connection to the HR 20, and that seemed to fix the problem. I now think it's either a bad multiswitch or bad output. However, I'm leaning toward the multiswitch because the upstairs HR 22 is starting to lose channels such as AE HD ,FX HD and HGTV HD is tiling.

Anyway, Im having a tech look at it on Monday. Anything else I should know before the tech comes out?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)