Tivo Series 2 recording 2 shows at once

Status
Please reply by conversation.

draggotherussian

Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
utah
Hey Guys

I have been trying to find info on recording two shows at once with my tivo series 2 dvr with directv. Is this possible? I have been getting mixed answers. The guy that installed my satellite said that I could with a switch and some other stuff, but my internet searches have told me its not possible. I am a newbie and don't understand this stuff. Could someone give me some answers or point me to a thread that has them.

Thanks

Draggo

is this just a tivo brand dvr and not a directv model tivo. if so then you will need a second directv reciever connected to the tivo for the second input

Hey Guys

I have been trying to find info on recording two shows at once with my tivo series 2 dvr with directv. Is this possible? I have been getting mixed answers. The guy that installed my satellite said that I could with a switch and some other stuff, but my internet searches have told me its not possible. I am a newbie and don't understand this stuff. Could someone give me some answers or point me to a thread that has them.

Thanks

Draggo

:welcome to the site

If the Tivo is a Directivo then you can record 2 by just setting them to record and it will do it, otherwise you will have to get a Directivo.

Hooking up a second DTV receiver will NOT allow you to record 2 shows at once on a Dual Tuner Series 2 TiVo. It only has one digital tuner in it (the other is analog). You can only record one one satellite channel at a time.

So my best bet is selling the Tivo series2 and buying a Directivo? A Directivo will record two digital signals at once? Can I keep my same contract with Tivo or will I need to change that?

So my best bet is selling the Tivo series2 and buying a Directivo? A Directivo will record two digital signals at once? Can I keep my same contract with Tivo or will I need to change that?

With the Directivo you only pay the $5.99 DVR service per month, no matter how many DVR's you have on the account. The standalone tivo has it's own service and won't be any good.

Good luck

Directv no longer offers a Tivo machine. There is some hope for a new DVR offering Tivo, but I wouldn't hold my breath. No date, no technical details, no buzz. Current non-Tivo Directv dvrs can be set-up to record two programs at the same time.

Directv no longer offers a Tivo machine. There is some hope for a new DVR offering Tivo, but I wouldn't hold my breath. No date, no technical details, no buzz. Current non-Tivo Directv dvrs can be set-up to record two programs at the same time.

You can buy used ones and have them activated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts