Computer Monitors?

The VH has higher contrast.
That's dynamic and probably won't be noticeable in office use, but I'd go for it.
Also, cleaner look. The ML looks more like a TV.

All this counts only if they produce comparable image (by specs they should).

Diogen.

Like Rocky said, Dell sells some very nice LCD monitors. I picked up a Dell 24" LED-backlit LCD I spotted as a special through the Extreme Overclocking (the Folding Stats site) Extreme Deals. After I experienced the Samsung LED-backlit HDTV, I told myself that I'd never buy another CCFL panel. They generate too much heat.

This monitor is nice. Not as nice looking on the outside as the ML238H, but the outside does not matter much to me. I am finally able to do my DirecTV2PC again, since my original HDCP monitor died

Just think, just a couple of years ago or so, we'd have posts here from folks saying the only decent monitor to get is a CRT. :D

I use a V7 22" monitor. Although not bad, not bad at all, my wife Carol now uses a 21.5" HP monitor I recently purchased, at a good price, hers blows mine away. I am not a fan of HP products anymore though. They are going down the same road as Gateway. The best way I know how to find a good monitor is to compare them side by side....
BTW, for Christmas I bought Carol and my mom an HP 600 series TouchSmart PC. My mom loves hers, Carol and I both dislike them very much. Carol and I took hers back and purchased the monitor. Currently she is using the HP PC I just repaired and put some money back in the bank. Next PC we purchase will not be a Hewlett Packard.​

Last edited:
Asus makes the most reliable laptops according to studies that I have read. I wonder if the same would hold true with their monitors?

I use a V7 22" monitor. Although not bad, not bad at all, my wife Carol now uses a 21.5" HP monitor I recently purchased, at a good price, hers blows mine away. I am not a fan of HP products anymore though. They are going down the same road as Gateway. The best way I know how to find a good monitor is to compare them side by side....
BTW, for Christmas I bought Carol and my mom an HP 600 series TouchSmart PC. My mom loves hers, Carol and I both dislike them very much. Carol and I took hers back and purchased the monitor. Currently she is using the HP PC I just repaired and put some money back in the bank. Next PC we purchase will not be a Hewlett Packard.​

I got the 23” version of that HP monitor for $190 at Best Buy over the summer. Great display, I love it! I had a 22” HP display from 2008 but it was in the 16:10 aspect ratio. After seeing the new 16:9 1080p HP monitors I fell in love and just had to buy it.

Hey, here's a question for the technical crowd: We have an application at work that requires supporting an RGB analog signal with a 20-23 KHz Horizontal refresh rate instead of the more typical 31.5 KHz rate. As a result, we're having issues locating LCD monitors that are compatible. Plus, widescreen LCDs (16:10 & 16:9) are becoming the norm, so locating a 4:3 aspect LCD that also also syncs that slow is next to impossible.

Hey, here's a question for the technical crowd: We have an application at work that requires supporting an RGB analog signal with a 20-23 KHz Horizontal refresh rate instead of the more typical 31.5 KHz rate. As a result, we're having issues locating LCD monitors that are compatible. Plus, widescreen LCDs (16:10 & 16:9) are becoming the norm, so locating a 4:3 aspect LCD that also also syncs that slow is next to impossible.

its time for that application to be updated

You may have to look into professional monitors. I suspect you're going to need to look for old CRTs. I just gave away two wonderful units, one of which I believe is exactly what you're looking for. BNC connectors included.

Is there a device to take the slower rate and translate it into the higher rate? DK.

Considering the computers driving the monitors are unique to our location (I believe DiamondStar in Illinois used these same computers) and they date from 1985, updating them means replacing them. However, that's a multi-million dollar project (currently underway) and we need to support the displays until then. One of the computer techs said we still have spares, but replenishing the spares with compatible monitors is the issue.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)