Computer Sky Scanning Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Been playing with my new setup and now have it working so I can access my satellite stuff on my Nvidia Shield Tablet.... very cool being able to control the KU dish and watch everything everywhere in the house. I now have EBSpro now moving the dish correctly via USALS and am happy with that aspect.

I think with this mobile app I will be better able to tune my dish for best signal, and that right there is a very cool thing. :)

I notice there are a lot of signals I blindscan which I can not tune... I am guessing they are data signals, most are APSK32 or APSK16. Then there are quite a few transponders where it just says TIMEDOUT when scanning them.

Amazing how much there is up there. Its like a new world... and now I wish I got into computer scanning a long time ago. :D

Ok another dumb question time...

How do I get Radio Channels to play? (the ones with the Music Icon)

I have VLC installed and it works great for playing video... but when I click on radio stations it just sits there and does nothing... Whats the secret?

So I took my tablet out to my to the ku dish and tweaked it.. .and brought up most of my SNR signals from 7.5db up to 13.5 db or higher. :D

Well I may have figured out the radio thing... for some reason audio from radio channels plays when the TV the computer is plugged into is turned on... If the TV is off certain audio from DIRECTSOUND is not played...

You may be wondering how I am watching TV with the TV off.... well I am connecting in via Teamviewer to use it (from my office) so the TV is off... when the TV is off that sound don't know where to go... I will figure a solution to this..

Now riddle me this Batman... I am picking up 69 channels of audio on 103 KU on 11703-H-900 and I can't figure out what they are nor am I finding them listed anywhere. Anyone else seeing these? I will post a pic in the next post to show I am not crazy. :D

Last edited:
Here we go...

2336b734469804a1a3ccf2d60b376c60.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Google found where some one posted finding this on 103W:
11703 H 900 - DVB-S/QPSK 3/4
mux w/ 73 audio channels
on 103W

Still searching....

Edit: that's all I could find.

Last edited:
armadillo_115 is right about them being at 103w. I get them from 103w, don't see anything like it from 113w. I've never listened, but understand they are similar to a mux on AMC 8, 139w. Except only a few channels have audio and most are blank all the time. That's what I've heard anyway.

Now riddle me this Batman... I am picking up 69 channels of audio on 103 KU on 11703-H-900 and I can't figure out what they are nor am I finding them listed anywhere. Anyone else seeing these? I will post a pic in the next post to show I am not crazy. :D

Have you used the Satfeeds feature of EBSpro to load submitted blindscan results from the web? Many times you can change the long dropdown at the bottom of the blind scan screen and load a blindscan from satfeeds which will have descriptions for transponders and may identify what you are looking at.

Reactions: N6BY and Titanium
Satfeeds works on mine. I often send them scan results.

I find DVBDream a bit quarky once in a while with the diseQc/usals motor control. It usually works perfectly but sometimes it just locks up and stops working. I am using the TBS 6903. Never did get the 5980 USB receiver to work with a motor, regardless of software.

Scott a few things.... Make sure you load up POT PLAYER. It works much better than VLC for the UHD feeds. You can also set POT player to HW decode instead of software. On my GTX 1070, it makes a world of difference.

What I do with multiple audio feeds or video for that matter, is I will send the service I want to the PID filter and stream it to POT / VLC from there. If you have any questions, I have teamviewer setup on mine and I can walk you through whatever your missing out on.

Reactions: Titanium
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)