Conan Slipping Fast

Not at all surprised...I much prefer Jay Leno over Conan, my wife can't stand Conan, and my parents switched to David Letterman vice watching Conan. We are all eagerly awaiting the return of Jay Leno to the 10pm slot in September. In my opinion, Leno is going to change the face of late-night since, in my opinion, he will quickly win back the late-night audience and many of these people will not stick around for Conan or Letterman. We shall see...

As of last night, Conan was only 1/10 rating point ahead of Letterman. Has lost more than half of his opening night audience. Dave's numbers are up, so there's a lot of defection. Anyone surprised? (I'm surprised in only took a week).
TheFutonCritic.com - The Web's Best Television Resource
Not at all....very disappointed the first night as well. He took back his old routine and nothing was original of The Tonight Show at all. He looks really bad on a 40"HDTV. Scary!!! :eek:

Not at all surprised...I much prefer Jay Leno over Conan, my wife can't stand Conan, and my parents switched to David Letterman vice watching Conan. We are all eagerly awaiting the return of Jay Leno to the 10pm slot in September. In my opinion, Leno is going to change the face of late-night since, in my opinion, he will quickly win back the late-night audience and many of these people will not stick around for Conan or Letterman. We shall see...
I'm afraid I have to differ big time. Leno will tank. After about 4 weeks, they will take him back to three nights, then by Christmas, he'll be gone. (As he should have been).

Not sure how Leno will do, I wouldn't be surprised if it changes from 5 nights a week within the first year. I'm not at al surprised about Conan. I watched the first episode and part of the second, haven't watched one since. He sucks. It is really sad to have lost Leno before his time (in my opinion). I don't see Conan making it more than a few years (at most).

Conan is not Jay Leno. Jay Leno was not Johnny Carson. I don't know why people expected Conan to have the same show as Jay Leno and more than Leno to have the same show as Carson. He has a different style. I like Conan and I like Letterman. But I perfer Conan over Letterman. It really depends on people's taste. I also think that Conan appeals to a younger audience and Leno appealed to an older audience. My parents hate Conan and loved Leno. I was the opposite.

I'm afraid I have to differ big time. Leno will tank. After about 4 weeks, they will take him back to three nights, then by Christmas, he'll be gone. (As he should have been).
Gone like he should have been? After being the late-night ratings King for the past 15-years, he never should have left. Leno is in his prime and would have remained on top easily for another 10+ years. Thanks NBC!

Can we see Rush Limbau replace Coco soon for The Tonight Show? Hmmmm

I liked Conan in his own show coming on after the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. So far the Tonight Show format with Conan does not seem as good as the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. I do not think I will like the new Jay Leno show because it will come on too early and it will not be the Tonight Show which he was mated very well to. Just my one penny worth. Rush Limbau would probably be good.

Gone like he should have been? After being the late-night ratings King for the past 15-years, he never should have left. Leno is in his prime and would have remained on top easily for another 10+ years. Thanks NBC!
Bingo... Stearn was saying today that after this fiasco O'Brien was done... and he likes Conan...

Not that he would do it, but NBC may need to replace Conan with Jerry Seinfeld as host of the Tonight Show. But I'm still locked-in to Comedy Central's "News" Hour of Stewart and Colbert.

I have been enjoying Jimmy Fallon as Conan's replacement for the 2nd hour of the late-late segment.

Last edited:
Leno is better than Conan. I never watched Conan when he came on after Leno and I won't watch him now.

I can't stomach Paul Shaffer. Stopped watching Letterman eons ago because of that tool. We watch DVR since Leno signed off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)