Conan Slipping Fast

Craig Ferguson is the funniest/best guy on late night television in this household. We DVR his shoe (on after Letterman) and watch it like it's some kind of religion.

The man has PUPPETS!

Don't care for many of his skits, but whenever he looks into the camera and starts talking he brings the funny.

I agree with this. If I said something different I probably missed it. How long did Jay Leno host the Tonight Show? What I am trying to say is Conan is good but I prefer his Late Night with Conan O'Brien format for him and not putting him in the Tonight Show format. When I see Conan I think of his Late Night. If I have the TV on in the background with the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien on I really have to think about it to realize it is the Tonight Show and not Late Night because that image of him attached to that show is hard to forget and it is difficult to see why he had to move into the tonight show format. When I watch Conan O'Brien I forget I am watching the Tonight Show which I like with Leno and I have to remember that since it is Conan O'Brien it is not the Late Night with Conan O'Brien Show which Conan does well. Sometimes when The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien is on I forget it is the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien and instead think I am watching the Late Show with Conan O'Brien. This is why I think these changes should have been done in my unconventional way if these changes had to be made at all. I am not afraid of change instead of having to be the same all the time in other words getting rid of the host of a TV show and take the host of another TV show and move him into the role of host of the TV show you got rid of the host of. I am okay with just eliminating the long running show you needed to make the host leave from so the host of another show could leave his show and replace the host of the long running show you needed to make the host leave from so the long running show will continue to be long running. It does not make much sense does it? I do not think Carson could have lasted much longer. I was sad to see him retire. It is not really fresh in my memory right now. Remember this thread is about Conan slipping fast and if there is any reason why Conan is slipping fast it is because if they had to do it they did not do it my way which is better. Just my one cents worth.

Tornado, I suggest that before you hit the submit button, you re-read what you have typed. The above is a train wreck!!!

Tonight Show Hosts:

1954-1957
Steve Allen

1957-1962
Jack Parr

1962-1992
Johnny Carson

1992-2009
Jay Leno

2009-20??
Conan O'Brien

There. Fixed.

That is funny. I guess based on this information it would have been impossible for me to see any of the hosts on the Tonight Show prior to Johnny Carson unless I watched Jack Parr when I was less than a year old.

Tornado, I suggest that before you hit the submit button, you re-read what you have typed. The above is a train wreck!!!

Thank you. I am what I am and it is what it is. Yes I did not re-read what I typed before I hit the submit button. I was having a technical problem even posting for some reason at the time of this posting hence the two posts. I was and am too tired and fatiged to do a really good job typing. Maybe I will read it later, but I am too tired now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts