Concrete for idiots

Status
Please reply by conversation.
During my install last November, the tech skipped the concrete. Told me that in the native clay ground, it's solid-enough that he could run into it and it won't budge. Then I watched it wiggle in the wind after a good rain, and went bananas. Mastec blew me off for weeks, until I met a supervisor at the local license plate office. He gave me his supervisor's name/cell number. That guy finally addressed my installation, and wanted to know who the clowns were who skipped the concrete and left their empty boxes in my driveway.

Meanwhile I logged enough complaints at D* that I finally asked retention "at what point does installer incompetence void my commitment?". That got their attention, they gave me a $5 discount for 6 months; Showtime for 6 months; and free HR20 with installation.

------

Can we get this thread edited, made sticky, and call it Concrete For Dummies?

Well I did what 8 Bruister and Ass techs said were impossible. One said it would work in the current location and said he would send a crew in shook my hand and I never saw him again. I wonder if I should call directv and tell them what I did ( I spent about $300 and see they will send me a HD-DVR or something. Anyways thanks with the concrete advice. After about wasting 60 lbs of the stuff I believe I got a good 20 lbs around the pole. :D

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)