Conical Scalar ring

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Nobody has come up with a good answer, lately.
At least not one I've seen.
If you'll search, you'll find some recent discussions of $50 ones in Japan or New Zealand, but nothing close to home.

Sadoun has been promising that conical scaler for six months.
Must be on a very slow boat from China. :D

Sadoun has been promising that conical scaler for six months.
Must be on a very slow boat from China. :D
:D Sorry to disappoint you in this long delay. I have spoken to a factory recently about making one and waiting to hear on the design & tooling cost, etc. I will keep you posted.

other conical scaler discussion

There was another thread which got into conical scalers for 1.2 and 1.6 m offset dishes.
http://www.satelliteguys.us/free-ai...m-beats-fortec-1-8m-c-band-6.html#post1065819
The above link is into the middle of it, but to the relevant point I'd like to make.
By all means, read the entire thread for more info about two other (overpriced) sources of the scalers.

Mr Sadoun -
I would think someone is already building the devices, and it's just a matter of finding a source.
Perhaps get some samples and test them to see if they meet your specs.
Or if you don't have the time, then ship 'em out to some of the members here for testing.

I can't see actually engineering a new one from scratch.
That'd be like asking a Kansas farmer for some custom corn... but it has to have large kernels and be yellow. :rolleyes:

If sadoun is going to do some custom design of the ring, i would think that they would use the Fortec 120cm as a test (since its the only 1.2m they sell.

If they do, I'm happy to do some comparison testing since:

1) I have a pre-fabbed conical ring on a Fortec 120cm
2) I'm a 5 min drive to Sadoun

Jamal,

If you need anything tested, shoot me a PM

Scott

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)