Connect A R10 Receiver To New HD Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Iguana79

Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Hello,

I just had DirecTV installed a few days ago. I have the new Slimline HD Dish and have a HD DVR in the living room, and 2 standard receivers hooked up in the bedrooms. I have a R10 Receiver that I used when I had a regular oval 3 LBN dish. The guys installing my system told me that I could no longer use this receiver as they upgraded to all new equipment. Sure enough, after the installers left, I plugged in the R10 Receiver and just got the message that said it could not find sat 110 & 116?

I only have 1 cable coming out of my new dish, and one cable going into each receiver (I thought there had to be 2 going in, I guess this new system eliminates alot of wires)

So my question is, can I still hook up my R10 receiver? I did not want to pay to have a recorder in the other room, so that was my thought when I ordered Direct, Just get the new HD Receiver for my HD TV. And I could use my old Receiver for my non HD TV. That did not work.

If it can not be hooked up, I can always hook up another dish that I have, the old style oval 3 LBN. I just did not want to have 2 dishes on my roof.

Thanks for any help!

The R10 Will not work with the D* new SWM setup, as the installers stated. You should be able to call D* and get that replaced with a R16/R22 unless thats what they did with the HDDVR. If you are set on using the TiVO then yes you will have to use your old dish for that box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)