Well

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Did I miss an announcement? I had heard that we MIGHT see some, but didnt hear anything that saying we WOULD

I stopped paying attention to rumors long time ago. less disappointment later. :)

there were no rumors of national hd this week. actually, the last rumor circulating (from a very reliable source) was around thanksgiving!

It seems like DirecTV's biggest interest right now is adding local HD's. They have been adding a ton of local HD's to many markets as of late. One would think we would see a few national HD channels before Christmas though. Once they start adding more national HD though their earnings may increase. I believe their percentage of new subscribers decreased in the 3rd quarter this year compared to last year. The more HD that is added the better they will be off.

It seems like DirecTV's biggest interest right now is adding local HD's. They have been adding a ton of local HD's to many markets as of late. One would think we would see a few national HD channels before Christmas though. Once they start adding more national HD though their earnings may increase. I believe their percentage of new subscribers decreased in the 3rd quarter this year compared to last year. The more HD that is added the better they will be off.

Thats to be expected, last year 3rd q. was when the big push to add the largest amount of HD channels, we won't match that number again till a ton more are available.... I 'm not talking about the ones were waiting on, I'm referring to ones that are not active yet.

The rumor was talking about Dish.

All we've heard for DirecTV is POSSIBLY one or two around or shortly after Thanksgiving.

Nothing more.

The rumor Scott discussed about Dish may be fizzling as well, there are details in the Pub if you're a member there.

It seems like Verizon has a ton of HD channels. DirecTV still has more I think, but if you take away all the RSN's, HD PPV channels, and Superfan HD channels, isn't Verizon really close to DirecTV now for HD channels?

Thats to be expected, last year 3rd q. was when the big push to add the largest amount of HD channels, we won't match that number again till a ton more are available.... I 'm not talking about the ones were waiting on, I'm referring to ones that are not active yet.
Yeah, if they are launching like 20 or 30 at a time it generates a huge buzz. The ones were waiting on are just a few channels. Some people have hopes that all the premium movie channels will soon be added in HD though. Who knows when that will happen.

wasnt the podcast talking about Dish? I have to admit I havent listened to the whole thing yet, but I only remember hearing Dish HD.

That is correct ( I see Jason already got this)

Thats why I was wondering earlier if there was something I didnt hear yet.
I take it he was just a little confused about what he though he heard

the only thing i remembered was the podcast for 10/27 mentioned that there would be more than CIHD launched for that week. That it would be a multiple launch of new hd channels for D*. From what i saw the only new national hd was cihd.

It seems like Verizon has a ton of HD channels. DirecTV still has more I think, but if you take away all the RSN's, HD PPV channels, and Superfan HD channels, isn't Verizon really close to DirecTV now for HD channels?

Yeah, if they are launching like 20 or 30 at a time it generates a huge buzz. The ones were waiting on are just a few channels. Some people have hopes that all the premium movie channels will soon be added in HD though. Who knows when that will happen.

If your going to nit pic as to what is HD and the RSN don't count, you can get to any number you want.

Remember, any channel thru D* is available if you want to pay for it.
How many channels does Verizon have if you take the RSN's out, how about locals ect. see you can make it look anyway you want.

Personally I'm happy with the HD that D* is offering,would like the Comedy Channel, other than that, no big deal....

It's up to the existing HD channels to get MORE HD on thier channel, not D*

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.