Connecticut Locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
In the - boy am I suprised category - received this response from DTV when requesting a FOX HD east network feed :

Thanks for writing. We have good news! You are eligible to receive the HD feed of CBS, ABC and FOX. I have added these channels to your account.

Please note: These channels are broadcast with programming produced in the HDTV format, as well as programming “converted” from standard definition into the 720 progressive scan format and "stretched" to the 16:9 aspect ratio (screen size). This means that picture quality may vary, depending on your TV equipment.

For example: A sports event may be produced in HD, but if one of the commercials is “converted” from standard definition, when the network switches from the event to this commercial, your picture may be distorted or freeze-frame for a second or two as your equipment adjusts to the change between formats.

We're excited to bring you new HD choices. Stay tuned to DIRECTV.com for the latest news and information about our services.

Sincerely,

Shanna
DIRECTV Customer Service

So for now at least - who cares when WTHN and WTIC agree on a price for HD feed - I've got it!

Finally, Giants football in HD!

FYI, WEDY-DT is on the air! Check 65-1. Now if WEDH can resolve their differences with WABC......

It appears that the HD Locals in CT have been up for a few months now... what type of PQ should you expect? is it as good as most Cable company offering?

TIA
John

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)