Connecticut Locals?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Thanks TulsaCoker & PaulieORF on the info above. Yeah I imaged our local afilliates would scr*w us on this and it looks like they did. Anyone have the numbers to WTNH and/or WTIC?

Brings this to another discusssion are there any other carries such as cable or DISH that would give you these two affailiates in HI-DEF?

OTA - is too far out for me to get these channels in.

---PS--- Thanks for the info this site rocks!

games2K5 said:
Thanks TulsaCoker & PaulieORF on the info above. Yeah I imaged our local afilliates would scr*w us on this and it looks like they did. Anyone have the numbers to WTNH and/or WTIC?

Brings this to another discusssion are there any other carries such as cable or DISH that would give you these two affailiates in HI-DEF?

OTA - is too far out for me to get these channels in.

---PS--- Thanks for the info this site rocks!
I believe WTNH's number is on their website, not sure about WTIC. I've already emailed both companies.

I am also going to see if I can get the HD dept to give me the NY feeds of ABC and FOX in the meantime, since all the CSRs I've spoken to at DirecTV before today assured me we'd have all of the big 4 networks. Does anyone think they'd comply to keep me as a customer, say if I threatened to leave because multiple CSRs lied to me? (Maybe not lies, but their info may have said all 4, so someone lied).

PaulieORF said:
I believe WTNH's number is on their website, not sure about WTIC. I've already emailed both companies.

I am also going to see if I can get the HD dept to give me the NY feeds of ABC and FOX in the meantime, since all the CSRs I've spoken to at DirecTV before today assured me we'd have all of the big 4 networks. Does anyone think they'd comply to keep me as a customer, say if I threatened to leave because multiple CSRs lied to me? (Maybe not lies, but their info may have said all 4, so someone lied).

it's not their call. btw, you'll need to get waivers for the hd feeds, they can't and won't just turn them on. also, wtic, and wtnh are the ones that have to approve the waiver, so we're sh*t out of luck.

If I'm not mistaken, COX in central CT (cheshire, etc) doesn't even have WTNH-DT yet. I would also pass most, if not all, of the blame to the local affiliates.

EDIT: Cox, not Comcast...

Last edited:
hancox said:
If I'm not mistaken, COX in central CT (cheshire, etc) doesn't even have WTNH-DT yet. I would also pass most, if not all, of the blame to the local affiliates.

EDIT: Cox, not Comcast...

Same with Charter in Litchfield/New Milford. They have every local in HD EXCEPT WTNH. Funny how WTNH is also the only SV local I do not get either on Directv(even tho I can).

Sounds like they are just being idiots about signing deals with anyone, nevermind Directv.

I'd suggest emailing them often about getting a deal done. Luckily, since I have waivers, I am already getting NY HD channels, so it's not impacting me... yet.

Last edited:
That just got me thinking, I wonder if they will now automatically take away the NEW YORK HD feed. Is it gone for anybody yet? Since I won't get this upgrade until they have an HD-DVR that can record it, I hope I don't lose NBC-HD that my HDTivo can actually record! Have other markets had this happen?

Scott Greczkowski said:
NBC NY may go away as I believe I read somewhere a few weeks ago that NBC has sold WVIT.
Geez, if that's true, WVIT didn't even make it ten years under the NBC ownership, as they were bought by NBC in 1997.

Scott Greczkowski said:
NBC NY may go away as I believe I read somewhere a few weeks ago that NBC has sold WVIT.

I haven't seen or heard anything about this. I just searched around too and didn't find anything mentioning it.

Last edited:
Greg Bimson said:
Media General is purchasing four NBC stations from the network. This includes WVIT.
This article says otherwise...

Media General announced Monday it has completed its $600 million acquisition of four NBC stations: WNCN-TV in Raleigh, N.C. (the 29th-largest TV market in the country); WCMH-TV in Columbus, Ohio (market No. 32); WVTM-TV in Birmingham, Ala., (40); and WJAR-TV in Providence, R.I. (51).

Good news that we're probably keeping WNBC-DT, get to see Giants preseason games in HD, even though I'm a Pats fan, I'm always a fan of more HD sports, Giants or oterwise.

jake14mw said:
So in other markets, they have not lost their O&O HD feeds when the HD locals became available?

Sort of. AFAIK, only non-DVR users have been applicable, and that hasn't even been 100% true.

Anyone besides me lose their WVIT and WFSB HD signals? I am getting a 771 message.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)