Please reply by conversation.
Here's the response I got from WTNH today:

Dear Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to e-mail us. LIN Television, the owner of
WTNH, is currently negotiating with DIRECTv in regards to WTNH's high
definition signal. We are all hoping acceptable carriage terms can be
agreed upon in the near future.

We would like to remind you that via a Best Buy, Circuit City or Bernie's -
you can purchase an antenna for your home and receive our HD signal free.
Perhaps not the option you were hoping to hear - but it is an option that
several viewers are pursuing successfully.

Thank you for your patience regarding this matter and have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Deanna Banas Kluk
Program Manager

I don't like the fact that he uses the term "near future" instead of "shortly" or "soon". N'or do I like his suggestion of using an antenna. If an agreement were to be reached soon, I doubt he'd send me off to Best Buy to fork out dough for his channel.

raoul5788 said:
Anyone besides me lose their WVIT and WFSB HD signals? I am getting a 771 message.
I also have the "searching for satellite" message when I tune to those channels, yet I have a solid signal when I check.

I just called DirecTV and the CSR said that the system she would use to check for a known problem in the area is down for an upgrade and won't be up for 4 hours. She told me to call back then.

PaulieORF said:
I also have the "searching for satellite" message when I tune to those channels, yet I have a solid signal when I check.
mine are both out on 2 receivers. called dtv and they said it's an equip prob on my end. i said no way. i had them on this morning and nothing has changed. they said they had to send a tech out. i said thjat it's not on my end. he said it is and it'll cost 70.00 to send the guy out. i said let me talk to someone else, he said, i'll waive the fee. my guess is that they'll be back on tonight.

My guess is they are tweaking the zip code database used to determine eligibility; and they haven't informed any of the script reading CSRs.

wyatt9696 said:
mine are both out on 2 receivers. called dtv and they said it's an equip prob on my end. i said no way. i had them on this morning and nothing has changed. they said they had to send a tech out. i said thjat it's not on my end. he said it is and it'll cost 70.00 to send the guy out. i said let me talk to someone else, he said, i'll waive the fee. my guess is that they'll be back on tonight.
It's amazing that even if you tell them that everyone on your street, in your town, or in your state is having the same problem, they still want to send a tech to your house. Cable company CSRs are the same way.

raoul5788 said:
I lost the CT hd locals again. I'm getting a 771 message. Anyone else?
At 8:27 I have the HD locals.

On a slightly unrelated topic, do channel 3 and 30 takes your H20 a little bit longer to come on than other channels when you tune to them? It seems like it takes a few seconds for these two channels to come up for me. Not a problem, but just wondering if it's just me.

PaulieORF said:
At 8:27 I have the HD locals.

On a slightly unrelated topic, do channel 3 and 30 takes your H20 a little bit longer to come on than other channels when you tune to them? It seems like it takes a few seconds for these two channels to come up for me. Not a problem, but just wondering if it's just me.

Yes, but they seem to be a bit faster after the first tuning. Weird, huh?

I think WTIC and WTNH are holding out for payment to carry the channels. They are not avail on Comcast either (at least in my area). Unless THEY change their stand, I dont know if we will ever see them.

Brewer4 said:
I think WTIC and WTNH are holding out for payment to carry the channels. They are not avail on Comcast either (at least in my area). Unless THEY change their stand, I dont know if we will ever see them.

Cox cable has all of the locals in hd except WTNH and WCTX, both of course are owned by LIN.

And you know whats even sader, WTNH is the weakest and most unreliable of the signals for the BIG 4 for me east of the CT River. Its the one I was really hoping to get MPEG4 and the one we will problably see last. I guess my "move" to Boston makes more sense every day.

Brewer4 said:
And you know whats even sader, WTNH is the weakest and most unreliable of the signals for the BIG 4 for me east of the CT River. Its the one I was really hoping to get MPEG4 and the one we will problably see last. I guess my "move" to Boston makes more sense every day.

I'm lucky. In Cheshire I'm about 6 miles from the WTNH tower. I get them with my CM 4228 pointed in the other direction, towards Rattlesnake Mtn. WTCX, which is on the WTNH tower, also comes in, but occasionally breaks up.

raoul5788 said:
I'm lucky. In Cheshire I'm about 6 miles from the WTNH tower. I get them with my CM 4228 pointed in the other direction, towards Rattlesnake Mtn. WTCX, which is on the WTNH tower, also comes in, but occasionally breaks up.

I'm in the same boat here in Wallingford. I've had pretty good luck using the CM4228 pointed generally North and pick up ABC/WB off the other side of the CM4288. No probs with ABC and a few minimal breakups with WB. Not bad when you consider the CM4228 is a "UHF-only" antenna..... I'm not holding my breath for all CT locals in HD via D* so I'm definitely sticking with OTA for the foreseeable future.

raoul5788 said:

Wow, their signal must be garbage (shock).

Your description matches what I get from an inside-roof 4228 from Fairfield.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)