Connecting 2 TiVos + regular receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CouchPotato99

Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
Brockton, MA
My oval dual line direct tv satellite is currently wired to direct its signals to one direct tv tivo plus 2 standard receivers in a total of three rooms. A perfect vision 3 X 4 multiswitch channels two lines to the Tivo with the remaining two lines going out to the two standard receivers. I wish to replace one of the standard receivers with a second Tivo unit but apparently need an additional line to take advantage of the Tivo's full capacity/features. No antenna.cable signal is connected at the present time. How should I proceed?

I would recommend getting a Phase 3 dish (only $60 @ BestBuy) and a 5x8 multiswitch.

CouchPotato99 said:
Thanks for your suggestion. Any preference as to multiswitches?

When you call Directv for the Tivo upgrade also request a dish upgrade (to the triplesat, aka multisat dish), at that time let them know you will need a 4x8 multiswitch, they will add it to the workorder. Depending on what company does the install will determine if you will have to pay anything extra for the multiswitch (the company I work for does not charge extra for equipment listed in the workorder), regardless if you do have to pay for the multiswitch it will be cheaper than you can buy it in the store.
If you are bound to do it yourself then just keep the dish you have, and buy a 3x8 multiswitch from one of the satellite retailers online. Hook it up inplace of your current 3x4 and run the extra line to the new Tivo.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)