Connecting my 622 DVR advice needed

steve617

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 29, 2005
I will be getting my 622 DVR installed friday and was wondering should i get the installer to use HDMI or Component. I know that HDMI suppose to be the best however on my 211 I am using Component. It is good of course it could be better. I may be getting a DVD upconverter in the future and for it to upconvert I have to use the HDMI connections and my TV only has one HDMI. Anyway my priority is my satellite reception.

I will be getting my 622 DVR installed friday and was wondering should i get the installer to use HDMI or Component. I know that HDMI suppose to be the best however on my 211 I am using Component. It is good of course it could be better. I may be getting a DVD upconverter in the future and for it to upconvert I have to use the HDMI connections and my TV only has one HDMI. Anyway my priority is my satellite reception.

Just about a sure thing that the installer will have component cable.

However, just a so-so chance that he will have HDMI cable. For whatever reason, Dish doesn't supply too many of them.

But, even when I do have them, a good number of customers prefer that I use the HDMI cable that they have bought themselves.

BTW, seems like every HD up-convert DVD player I've seen has both HDMI and Component connections.

There is much debate regarding HDMI vs Component. At the end of the day, it generally is a draw. Keep your HDMI for the DVD player. BTW, the installer will probably bring a component cable. But that's not a sure thing.

Try it both ways, see if you can see a difference. All HD outputs on the 622 are active at the same time. You also can get an HDMI switch. I got one from www.monoprice.com very reasonable and has it's own remote. Enjoy the 622. Happy Holidays.