Connecting to Dish Customer Service Channel 100

bkushner

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2005
Audubon, NJ
Anyone else have a problem with this on the 622? My first 622 never connected. They sent me a new 622 it connected one time and never since. I have trouble shooted the phone line, system and I'm sure it's not it?

Who provides your land line service?

What type of Internet connection do you have?

Have you plugged your receiver phone line into a conventional telephone?

Who provides your land line service?

What type of Internet connection do you have?

Have you plugged your receiver phone line into a conventional telephone?

My phone is Verizon. Not internet based phone but a real landline. I am plugging the phone line into a conventional phone line.

The phone line connects to Dish and Direct for normal operations, just can't do the channel 100 functions.

It never worked on my first 622 and only once on the new 622.

Brian

Still need to know the answers to the other two questions. If you have a DSL line, you may have forgotten/neglected to install the DSL filter.

If you haven't connected a conventional telephone to the line, you might not know that it is bad.

Some activities on Ch100 require a phone line (pay bill, order PPV) - may be subbed for with ethernet - not sure.

Yes if you click CUSTOMER SERVICE is loads the CS Portal for adding programming, checking bill, pay bill etc. For some reason it dials the phone, does not use wifi connection.

Brian

Still need to know the answers to the other two questions. If you have a DSL line, you may have forgotten/neglected to install the DSL filter.

If you haven't connected a conventional telephone to the line, you might not know that it is bad.

It is not a DSL Line. It's a conventional phone line. I happen to have 6 lines. Tested all lines with 3 different cables.

Also as I said, same line is working for direct and dish reports that they confirm the unit is dialing in for verification, they just can't figure out why it won't connect for CS.

I does dial, and the modems shake hands but no connection ever happens.

Brian

Just did some more testing, the line I'm using connects to the internet at 52K on my laptop dialup connection. That's pretty good for a 56k modem. I usually see 40 something.

I'm convinced it isn't my connection.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts