connecting two cables outdoor water resistant connector looking for something.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ken2400

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Central NY State
I want to join two coax RG6 cables together. The indoor stuff does not last for me.
I can find a box BUT just want something smaller.
What about using dielectric grease when I find something.
Any ideas.

Thanks

I want to join two coax RG6 cables together.
The best way (and sometimes the cheaper way) is almost universally a single cable.

We need more background on the installation (aerial, conduit, buried, etc.) to make a thoughtful ecommendation.

If you're contemplating making a permanent connection, signal loss (and possible reflection) dictates replacing two cables with one.

i would use a new good quality compression fitting on both ends with an inline connector, then put a piece (or maybe even two) of rubber shrink wrap over top of it all, the kind you seal and shrink with a flame, that will seal moisture and water, but there still might be slight signal loss because of the connection

I agree with Mikey 11. Slight signal loss should usually still be fine if your signal was good before. Shrink wrap and some dielectric grease should keep it impervious to the weather. If it is buried I would replace with a single cable.

There are in-line connectors that are weather-proof.
The F81 body isn't usually where the moisture leaks are. The cable terminations and the threads are the concern. O-rings and grease help with the threads but it all falls apart if the cable terminations aren't perfect. Salt air and frost are very destructive forces.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)