Considering a PS3

What can I tell my wife to get her to approve my PS3 purchase?

You say, "I am the man and you WILL do what I say!". Then, when you are living by yourself in a run-down efficiency apartment, you can live off of Ramen noodles and use your food money to buy whatever you want.

So a developer whining about how hard it is to work on the PS3, has enough pull to bring down an entire console? Yes its new and different, the Cell takes more work to get used to, so did the emotion engine, and i remember hearing similar comments about how hard the PS2 was to work with when it was new.

I have had my PS3 for 2 months, and its never froze up, hiccupped or done anything. My 360 froze regularly fromt he start, Red Ringed, I sent it in (w/o console for a month) had to pay $79 to get it fixed (later refunded.), still had occasional freezup issues, again started to get worse and b4 it red ringed again i traded it off toward my PS3. I love the games, I love the fact I dont have to PAY for online play. I do miss some of the extras of Xbox live (movies, etc), but i know they are coming for the PS3.

Developers are getting used to it, and games are in the pipeline. Plus the upward potential of the PS3 is much higher than the 360, and you see that in games like Oblivion the PS3 looks and plays better.

True. Maybe by next year EA would figure out how to run Madden at 60 fps on the PS3.

What can I tell my wife to get her to approve my PS3 purchase?

She's thinking about it and will let me know this weekend, but I can tell she's leaning towards yes at the point, as she was asking me questions about it.

If I could find a sale somewhere I think this would put it over the top.

Well, you know about the 8 discs and 1 game deals on Amazon. A better deal than that, before Turkey day? Hard to imagine.

Of course, sometimes they give their OK, which you later regret. You'll be hearing about this purchase more than once, for some time in the future.....:p

Plus the upward potential of the PS3 is much higher than the 360, and you see that in games like Oblivion the PS3 looks and plays better.

I would hope so, it came out exactly a year later. That's more of a testament to the Bethesda team than the capabilities of the PS3. Check out the Madden reviews for the PS3 and 360 on the big gaming sites. Developed simultaneously and with similar codebases, yet the PS3 tools are either so underdeveloped or so poor that a well established developer could not equal the performance that they are able to provide on the 360.

Upward potential of the PS3 is only greater if the unadopted technology proves worthwhile. If Blu-Ray fails, becomes a niche format, or is surpassed by the next greatest thing you can set them next to the Laserdisc collection in the living room. If nobody bothers to try and push the enigmatic Cell Processor then you've got a console doomed to play first party games and ports of PC and more successful console's games.

I am looking forward to owning a PS3 one day, but that isn't today. The price for the shiny black box just isn't worth it... and free movies are only going to sway so many.... that's breeding an install base that doesn't play as many games. Those are the same people that look at the PS3 commercials and aren't bothered by the fact that 2/3 of the commercial is the black box sitting/floating in the room, and not showing gameplay when the commercial is ABOUT A GAME.

Okie, that's all :). Sitting at home sick, getting a little cabin fever so took something and ran with it ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts