Considering a return to D*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mhutsell3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 7, 2004
Noblesville, IN
I am considering a return to D* now that we are moved into our new digs. I am curious if the new receivers are IR or RF based remote controls? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Milford

I am considering a return to D* now that we are moved into our new digs. I am curious if the new receivers are IR or RF based remote controls? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Milford

HR and R20 DVRs are both RF and IR. Incidentally there seems to be a glut of IR only D* remotes on ebay.

Which remote unit has dual capability? Is it the "RC65R"? I have an RC65 but from what I can tell, it isn't RF-capable.

Since I have an HR-22, that box is RF ready? I guess the antenna is internal? Do they have the range like the old Sony SAT-A4's with the external antennas?

HR and R20 DVRs are both RF and IR. Incidentally there seems to be a glut of IR only D* remotes on ebay.

Not both simultaneously. You can set it up for either IR or RF. It can't do both at the same time like Dish receivers which is a pain for Harmony users.

If you can use your spouse's name, and get the good 12mo deal, do it.

I've got Choice xtra and two HDDVR's installed for $199 and $67/mo.

Thanks guys! I knew I could get an answer straight up from you all. Reason I ask is because one of the locations for my reciever will actually be in a media cabinet next the Fire Place and it has solid doors on it instead of being open.

Again thanks, and oh by the way, I am making the move since Comcast just raised my monlthy from $69 / month to $135 / month and I dont even have premium channels. Add my Broadband to that and I am almost to $200 for Cable and Internet. :)

Thanks guys! I knew I could get an answer straight up from you all. Reason I ask is because one of the locations for my reciever will actually be in a media cabinet next the Fire Place and it has solid doors on it instead of being open.

Again thanks, and oh by the way, I am making the move since Comcast just raised my monlthy from $69 / month to $135 / month and I dont even have premium channels. Add my Broadband to that and I am almost to $200 for Cable and Internet. :)

yeah comcrap sucks glad to hear your switching! :cool:

HR and R20 DVRs are both RF and IR.

Never heard of an R20 - did you REALLY mean R22??? :confused: :confused:

Also, the H2x HD (non-DVR) receivers also do RF, as well as the R15/16 SD DVR's.

However, ONLY the HR2x DVR's come with the RF remote; all the others come with an IR only remote. Unfortunately, as peano mentioned, you can only use EITHER IR or RF on these receivers, which means the IR only remotes that come with the other units are useless if you buy other RF remotes; luckily, they're not too expensive.

Never heard of an R20 - did you REALLY mean R22??? :confused: :confused:

Also, the H2x HD (non-DVR) receivers also do RF, as well as the R15/16 SD DVR's.

However, ONLY the HR2x DVR's come with the RF remote; all the others come with an IR only remote. Unfortunately, as peano mentioned, you can only use EITHER IR or RF on these receivers, which means the IR only remotes that come with the other units are useless if you buy other RF remotes; luckily, they're not too expensive.

I have the HR22-100 DVR with the "RC64" remote. As far as I can tell, it's not an RF model. There's no FCC sticker on the back of the remote unit.

Which model Remote is RF-capable? Is it the "RC65" unit?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)