Contacting DIRT

Again, this is not a Dirt bulletin board. It is HOW to contact them, which is looking for helpers on line in RED. Matt G should be on duty today. They can also be found via Facebook.
I came up with a solution to help keep this thread from being revived with such posts. Nobody has implemented it yet.
I suggested in another thread, that since this thread has become so cluttered, not to mention horribly outdated, it would be better to just start a new sticky thread to replace this one.
I came up with a better idea. Instead of posting the schedule in the existing thread, it would be less cluttered to just start a new thread with the new schedule. Suggested thread title: "Contacting DIRT - new schedule info (updated mm/dd/yy)" ***
***change the date in the thread title each time a new schedule is posted

Hello

Installed today but had an issue. Ordered Joey 4K and Hopper3, wife had to stay at house for install (she rocks!). Called me when they failed Hopper 3 check came onsite with hopper with sling and Joey 1? After telling them what I ordered they had on truck but would be a change order.

Problem is they proceeded when I got home wife stated it was $100 upgrade fee? Not happy, this was my selection on the site to begin with. Possible DIRT can help getting the $100 credited? Kind of feeling bait and switch.

Installer also didn’t run cable as was asked. Pissed but I can overlook. But the up-charge is crap when this is what I selected from the start.

Help Please

Thanks!

Hello

Installed today but had an issue. Ordered Joey 4K and Hopper3, wife had to stay at house for install (she rocks!). Called me when they failed Hopper 3 check came onsite with hopper with sling and Joey 1? After telling them what I ordered they had on truck but would be a change order.

Problem is they proceeded when I got home wife stated it was $100 upgrade fee? Not happy, this was my selection on the site to begin with. Possible DIRT can help getting the $100 credited? Kind of feeling bait and switch.

Installer also didn’t run cable as was asked. Pissed but I can overlook. But the up-charge is crap when this is what I selected from the start.

Help Please

Hello

Help Please

Thanks!
You have to post the same thing, copy and pasted, a 3rd time. You know, 3rd time's the charm....

Reactions: charlesrshell
Scott, time to retire this thread. Gone beyond relevant!
Now KAB, what did I say in our private conversation?
"In that case, maybe we should both stop replying to the Contacting DIRT thread every time it gets revived, since all we are doing is making the thread even longer, thus making the problem even worse."
:D

Reactions: KAB
What's the harm in commenting ? :biggrin:biggrin:biggrin
No harm in that, but does the thread really need to remain a sticky, since it is no longer serving its original purpose? If this thread were simply de-stickied, then maybe it could die on its own, instead of always being listed at the top of the forum, tempting those who don't know any better to use this thread to try to contact DIRT instead of contacting a DIRT member directly, or starting their own new threads to try to get a DIRT member's attention. At this point, this thread probably does more harm than good, and only serves to annoy those of us who are still following it in the vain hope of actually seeing an updated DIRT schedule.

You have to call Dish and request (2) Hoppers and as Chad says, you have to purchase (1) of them outright. If the rep says it can't be done, hang up and call back. Keep repeating this until you get a rep that will help or will transfer you to the group at Dish that can authorize (2) Hoppers. DIRT members are not able to.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I have had Dish since the Dish 300 days (1999) and I like the service well. However, one move Dish has made the past couple of years I have not liked. I have AT250, and in the past, about all new basic channels ended up in AT250. This changed with the addition of BBC World as well as some VH1 channels only available in an add pack with Flex. I am not interested in Flex as I would lose too many channels. I very much like having AT250. I guess with AT250 I cannot add BBC World. That is really unfortunate. Even Direct TV, Charter Cable, and some streaming services like Philo has BBC World in their main packages. If Dish cannot include BBC World in AT250, then why not have it ala carte for $1 or something. I use a Vip211k receiver (owned) and I do have a Roku. This way I can add channels On Demand with the Roku, even though I do not have that feature on the Vip211k. I do not want to upgrade as I like having the build-in OTA tuner. Since the Vip211k also has no extra fee, it is especially nice, being an older person. Is there someway Dish can offer BBC World? Thank you.

Okay, I phoned Dish tonight and was told that they have changed the rules a bit. Now anyone with AT 120-200-250 can add any of the extra Flex packs, but they need the new G4 Smart Card, which Dish is mailing me. I have all of the other news channels in that Pack, other than BBC World. $10 extra a month is a bit spendy for BBC World, but this so far is the least expensive way I can get it. Other than that, Philo, the streaming service, has their package for $16 a month which has BBC World. $10 is not the best, but at least I do have that option. The CSR did say that BBC World "may" be added to AT250 in the future, but there is no word on it as yet. They just did not realize the channel would be that popular. Flex pack options will be changing in the future too.

Reactions: pattykay
I called back tonight and now three CSR's told me the same thing. Anyone with AT120 or higher can buy any add on packages if they have the 4K card. Mine should be here tomorrow. I will find out soon.