Contest: Enter to Win a GEOSATpro microHD STB and SL1PLL LNBF - Ends 5/31/2013 Midnight PDT

Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatelliteAV

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 3, 2004
Roseville, CA
Here is your chance to win a GEOSATpro microHD satellite receiver and a GEOSATpro SL1PLL Phase Lock Loop KU band LNBF.
This includes FREE SHIPPING to any postal address in the US (including territories) or Canada! Over $150 value

GEOSATpro_Front_Reflect.png
microHD.REAR.420px.jpg

SL1PLL.TopView.Original.gif

To Enter: Reply to this thread and tell us a short story about your favorite summer memory while growing up. Maybe it was a family camping trip, summers at your grandparents, picking strawberries for a few extra dollars, summer camps, swimming holes, collecting fireflies, cross country trips in the back of a station wagon...

Small print:
This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member who is in good standing with the exception of Satellite AV staff and members of their families. One entry per SatelliteGuy Member. Contest ends 11:59 pm, PDT, 5/31/2013.
One winner will be selected at random by a member of our staff on June 1st, 2013. If a winner does not respond to our SatelliteGuys PM notification within 10 days, the prize will be forfeited and the prize will be offered to another contestant by random drawing.
This prize will be shipped free of charge via USPS to any US or Canadian postal address. If you are outside of the US (including territories) or Canada, you will be responsible for all shipping cost and any brokerage and/or customs fees.

Good Luck to All SatelliteGuys Members!

good luck to everyone...I wont be entering as (as most of ya know) I dont have FTA anymore...and I already have both items too :)
(here in storage)

Good Luck to all. I see a lot has viewed this thread but don't want to be in the single digit numbers.:)

I have many summer memories of riding my go carts and learning to drive on my grandparents farm when I was around 10. I starting off with to practice with a clutch on an old Farmall tractor and my Dad's VW dunebuggy. Back then it wasn't really that unusual for kids my age to have field cars on the farm property. My first was a 1963 Rambler and then a Plymouth Duster and then came the VWs. By the time I was 16, I had a fleet of cars.

Thanks for the contest Brian.

My favourite summer memory is canoeing and camping with my father and brother. As we canoed down the lake there was a rock shapped like a large beaver, we named "beaver rock". We would portage to anther lake and then finally portage again to the lake where we would camp. We camped on an island for there was always a breeze during the day to keep the mosquitoes away. As night would fall you would hear the hum in the air from the mosquitoes, siganling time to get in the tents. I have lots of great memories of catching fish one after another, and cooking them over an open fire. We would only keep enough fish for our meal, and respected the wilderness. We had contests like seeing how many casts in a row we could catch a fish. It was great fun that has made great memories.

Favorite Summer memory - - - 9th or 10th Birthday party. My sisters setup a set of clues that took us all over the farm and at the last clue was a prize for everyone. My friends who came to my birthday party talked about it for a long time after that. We went to the hayloft, the "crick", the big oak, etc. It was fun for a bunch of little boys looking for a prize. :)

My favorite summer memory involves my grandparents, my brother, and me, and happened about 30 years ago. We took a three-day trip into the mountains of North Carolina, driving along the Blue Ridge Parkway. We had picnics, stopped off at scenic "pull-over points" on the parkway, ate at a outdoors barbecue "restaurant" that was alongside a river, and visited the Biltmore Estate before it had been completely renovated for public viewing. My brother and I laugh about two events in particular that were so funny to us as little kids -- the first one being at the Biltmore Winery, where my grandparents decided to do a little wine tasting. During that event, my grandmother almost walked into the men's restroom and my grandfather cried out, "wrong door -- did that little sip make you that tipsy?" The other was when we had to crash at a disgusting motel near Highlands, NC, because we had set out on one of those holiday weekends (I don't remember if it was Memorial Day, 4th of July, or Labor Day -- but everywhere was crowded). It was late at night and we were all asleep when we heard someone jingling a key into the lock. My grandmother started to panic, gasping, "wake up! Someone's trying to get in! Someone's at the door." Instead of getting out of bed, my grandfather just yelled out, "HEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!" That spooked the intruders back to the front office, but it took us half an hour to stop giggling. We have a picture from that trip that a passerby took of us four together with the Blue Ridge Mountains in the background that I'll always treasure. He passed away from cancer five years ago this past Easter, but I always recall this as one of my favorite childhood memories with him.

Some of my favorite summer memories are going camping with my family. We lived about 40 miles from a great state park in South Dakota. Lots of late night by campfiles and bicycling around to meet new friends. I'm gonna buy a toy hauler someday so the wife and I can haul our motorcycles around the country, camp and see the sights on two wheels.

Swimming and fishing in the creek and in the pond on the farm was great fun.

Lassoed a cow once from on top of the barn (I was on the barn, not the cow) but didn't think to let go of the rope in time. Off the barn I went. Luckily a large dry manure pile broke my fall. Grandpa was watching from near the barn and all he said was, "Bet you don't do that again."

DRCars

Favorite memory... Tough call.

Back in the day when kids could really play, we'd always walk or bike to the edge of town to the river. There was a railroad and highway bridge together at a river crossing. Holes would open up big enough and deep enough to jump from the bridges into the water. That was a bit crazy for me as some serious injuries have happened through the years there. Mom would have died if she knew we were there.

Reminiscent of the scene from "Stand Bye Me", a train would come and we'd be on the bridge. You'd never run to get off, it was probably 1000' long, a Warren truss type with piers at about 175' spacing. We'd scamper to the piers, then most of the time you would climb down to the river bottom as there were always sandbars on one side or the other. One time I got gutsy and instead of getting off the pier, I just went below the tracks where they transition from one truss section to the next. I was probably 6' below the tracks, righ below them. That whole thing was shaking big time as the locomotives went overhead. Man, what a blast that was!

We tell the folks of the things we did when we were young, and they had no clue. It was definitely a different time back then (early-mid 70's), before misguided child protective services could ruin senses of adventure and personal growth. :)

Another fond memory... of the crazy thing we did.

After the high school pep rally bonfire, my little brother and I were walking home along the street. At the stop sign, a fire truck pulled up returning from the bon fire and stopped at the sign. Almost instinctively, we jumped on the back "riding bumper" and started a little trip. We were probably 6 and 9 then. Thank god road speeds were limited to 25 mph, but the truck did the California roll through every stop sign after that, and we couldn't get off! Finally after about 1-1/2 miles, the truck had to come to a complete stop and we got off. We thought that was soo cool, and began walking home. After about 6 blocks of walking, the town cop pulls up and stuffs us into the back seat. Oh, crap... We were delivered to my folk's business and the nice law officer turned us over to my dad, who was the volunteer fire chief. Not a fun night after that, I guarantee.

Sometimes, I feel lucky to have survived my rambunctiousness as a youth. Some of the joys of growing up in a small midwest town. :)

I was in the Boy Scouts and we would canoe down the Missouri River one week every summer. We would stay on the river from Sunday afternoon until Friday. We carried all of our gear in plastic buckets. We would setup camp every night on the sandbars. Cooked our food on a griddle and bathed in the river. Great memories!

Every summer going "camping on the mountain" (Mount Rainier). We left the house behind and spent the whole summer up there in tents or wood sheds. I was in my late 50's before I found out the folks rented the house to school teachers who had to go to college in the summer. That paid the mortgage for the year.
But I enjoyed it and still am happiest when camping.

My favorite summers were always spent with my grandfather, him and I used to spend every weekend together building or repairing or upgrading home built amateur radio transceivers. He taught be about ingenuity and that can do attitude that has made me who I am today. I dont throw anything out that can be repaired, and I always look at the option of building something myself before every buying it built for me. He had a great work ethic and a sharp mind, I spent alot of time under a soldering iron at his place, but I think I spent more time with a pencil and paper doing the math first before I ever got to that step :)

UDL

My favorite summer memory is playing as a kid at the lake house in Wisconsin and swimming in the lake. We also used to swing on this tire swing and jump off of it into the lake.

My favorite Summer memories were of the vacations we'd take in our motorhome. That was between the late '70s and early '90s, before gas prices made such trips prohibitive. I've been to all CONUS states and major cities throughout those summer vacation years.

Being one of eight children, we didn't have any money for vacations. All I can remember about summers is going to the river that ran through town in KY and fished. Rarely caught much. Too poor to buy fishing equipment so we used a tree limb, a piece of string and a hook. I'll tell you how poor we were. We were so poor that I was breast fed---by my father!

One of the best memories I have is staying with my grandparents. Seems my grandpa could allways find the time to take me fishing even with all the work on the farm.

My Best Memories of friends: Play soccer, baseball, basquetbol with my Neighbors and then to view some cartoons through the first "Big Dish" Years 80's 90's from one of My friends. On those years these dishes were rarely and too expensive.:rolleyes: Always, I have dreamed to get One..Now, I can test;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)