Contest: Enter to Win a Titanium Satellite C1W-PLL Wideband LNBF - Ends 3/17/2014

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here are some quick comparisons using the C1PLL.

First off I found my SH200+ is acting silly and not reading anything on some carriers while the FS 1 will read and show lock so my actual measurements will be a little late.
Basically I was able to lock 4 more carriers than I could before, and that is a preliminary number. I could see them on the meter or on my SA but the STB wouldn't come close to locking them. The CBS carriers on 89°W I couldn't lock at all but that is not surprising at all as they seem to come and go in my location for some reason... TI is present here and it comes and goes as well:rant:
On the ABC NET HD Mux on 95°W I noticed about 8 points increase on my STB from previous and the ones on 99 I was able to lock with a Q of 82 on the same peak as the rest of the carriers which I couldn't do before.

My best SA doesn't have a battery ( bench model) and I haven't quite felt powerful enough to drag it upstairs from the shop along with a cord unless absolutely necessary so I will wait until I get my SH200+ back and then make some closer real world numbers comparison as the FS1 is almost useless on S2 and any MCPC situation.

Thanks to Brian and everyone involved for making this available for all us FTA'ers in NA as well as world wide with the new "W" model.
Special thanks to Brian for donating for the drawing and to Satellite Guys for making a forum for it all to happen!

I will update this as soon as my equipment is reliable ;)

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts