CONTEST - Enter to Win: GEOSATpro DVR1100c w/15GB HDD, 90cm Dish - Complete System

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Local farm with an apple orchard and pumpkin patch.

They provided free hayrides around the farm, and sold hot chocolate and donuts.

Simpler fun times of my youth

What I remember about autumn is pulling out the training rig to start running the dogs to get ready for winter on the sled. The cool and cold mornings are the best times to run. The dogs see those harness they go wild and can't wait to go for a run either, try holding back 8 Alaskan Malamute's. A good 20 mile run really dose wonder's and all you hear is the sound of the wind and the jingle of the gangline hooked to the dogs.

Musher

Driving down the backs roads of NH during Fall Foliage time and enjoying the scenery.

My brothers and I would spend hours raking leaves, then spend even more hours playing in the pile. Lead to many bruises to return to school on Monday with.

My dad used to take my brothers and I duck hunting. My first time I was in awe. I remember the vibrant colors of the leaves and the crisp cool air, the scent of canvas, freshly cleaned shotguns, lake water and the sight of my father silently pointing and nodding gestures and occasionally playing the duck call like a virtuoso at Carnegie Hall. He seemed to be greatest hunting guide in the world.

until a group of ducks swooped in on our decoys and guns started blasting and we discovered our dog was gun shy. Then the dog was yelping barking and howling, trying to climb on top of all us, my dad was yelling and swearing. The dog peed all over the boat...and all the ducks got away.

That was frigging awesome. I wouldn't trade that day for anything.

Mom, Dad, two brothers, and a sister, all six of us and a dog would pile in the 1950 Ford "Woodie" station wagon and go to a nearby park for a walk. The leaves still fluttering down left a thick carpet on the forest floor. We would find a fallen tree branch that had a Y at the end and use it to push the leaves in front of you as we walked. We took turns to see who could get the biggest pile. Then Dad would stop at the farm market on the way home, wow that place smelled good! We were treated to cider and dough nuts. Ahh.. Fall !

Jim Sofonia
Traverse City Mi.
formerly Bedford Oh.

I remember the friday night football games and the hay wagon rides when i was younger many many moons ago. And now with the grandson at that age, going back to the football games again brings back alot of memories.

We had over an acre garden and weeding was a pain, so I was glad when autumn came and it was time to till it up! :) We did enjoy all the veggies throughout the winter though.

Thanks Satellite AV :), I remember when I was young (a long time ago I'm afraid), I would play with my brothers and sisters making a leaf fort in the yard. Sure was fun! Mom and Dad would burn the leaves later that week and watching and smelling of the leaves was great. You miss the simple times like that. Todays life is to fast paced to enjoy things of the past! Thanks again Satellite AV for this opportunity.

Fall meant and still means that you can finally go pick the persimmons as they are finally ripe. Lord help ya if ya ever picked a green one and took a bite, though I guess we all did that, to make sure they were as bitter as everyone said.

That and football, time to play and then to watch. Nowadays, don't get to go to enough of them, but still like to watch HS football, its more interesting to watch than college or the pros.

I remember going deer hunting for his first time in my life at about the age of 11 years old. One of my friends father had some land in Homer Louisiana, Claiborne Parrish.

The day before the hunt I went to the rifle range to learn how to handle and shoot the M1 carbine rifle, that I would be using. My friend's father put me on one of his deer stand and told me to be patient and to look at this dear path and wait, and to shoot only at a "BUCK". He mentioned that he had seen a nice four points buck in that area, and if I be very quiet and patient, I might get lucky and bag him.

After about an hour of being bitten by so many mosquitos, I almost got down from the stand, and call it a day. As I to put the safety on the rifle and proceed to leave the stand, a nice buck made the mistake of showing himself right on the deer path. After seen the deer I was so excited that I forgot to remove the safety from the rifle, squeezed the trigger, no round was discharged. I never knew what deer fever was until that moment. Removed the fafety from the rifle, took a good aim at the deer's vitals, squeezed the trigger again, the deer flinched went into the woods and disapeared out of sight.

After about ten minutes, my friend's father showed up, and I told him that I had shot at a buck as told. We waited about ten more minutes, then started looking around for the deer, it lay dead about 30 yards from were it had run into the woods. My friend's father took some of the deer blood rubbed it into my shirt, I had become a deer hunter right then and there. That deer was not the one that he had seen, and told me that this deer was bigger than the one he mentioned.

That is my story, and I am sticking to it.

avenger

lets see there are so many , one was roasting hot dogs and marshmallows on a fire , as family and friends gathered in the fall as the leaves turned colors & fell and the temperatures dipped cooler

Playing touch football in the Orchard Drive Football League. And then going and drinking beer & watching George Blanda pull another one out for the Raiders on NBC.

My favorite Fall memory was watching the Broncos winning big in the late nineties. Friends would get together for food & cheer on the Broncos :) Now, we are all scattered across the country & the Broncos aren't any good :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)