CONTEST - Enter to Win: GEOSATpro DVR1100c w/15GB HDD, 90cm Dish - Complete System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I remember that on the day of my birthday in September when I turned 16 we had a massive thunderstorm and lightning struck our willow tree in front of our house and split it in half.

Favorite fall memory: Going up north with my mon and dad to michigan's UP seeing the leaves turn and having a camp fire with all the family members, talking, laughing and taking the cool crisp air in!

For our Family one big thing was getting the TV Guide Fall Preview. I still have many of the old ones . My Grandmother was a huge fan of Television. She was the one that got me interested it it. She passed away about 18 years ago but surprised me with boxes of old TV Guides about a year before she passed . It was a big deal in the fall to check out the new shows. We always got more then one issue. And I would then go to my Grandmothers house and watch many of the new programs with her. She was one of the first in our town to purchase a VCR. She lived about 5 miles from us and I would ride my bike to her house. She had a home that you might see in a Norman Rockwell painting. She always bought the top of the line Television sets. And she purchased one for me from W. T. Grants . It was a small set that I put in my room but it was something I always will remember. She went to High School Football games with me as well.

I also remember going to High School Football games and watching the man who recorded the games for our local cable company . I wanted to know how everything worked and he explained it to me. Our town supported the local team and every game was sold out. It got cold in New England sometimes in October.

And another memory is hearing the Church Bells on Sunday. As it got colder the sound would travel better and we heard them from our house. We didn't seem to hear them in the summer.

Me and my sister enjoying the fall season 1969http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm314/televisionarchives/img034.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the contest Sat AV....
The thing I remember most is the weather starting to get cooler and damp. On Saturday mornings my sister and I would get up late and sit in the kitchen close to the oven while our mother prepared our breakfast. Of course those mornings were made for sleeping in late. Since my bedroom was an addition to the house it did not get the heat as much so I would have to pile on the cover and bury my head except for a little tunnel to let in some fresh air. Those grade school days were fun.

Fall of 2009 ... Switching to dish
Fall of 1996 .... Installing my first directv system.
Fall of 1983.. getting cable for the first time.

and hopefully fall of 2010 installing my first fta system.

Good luck to eveyone and thanks to satguys for a great site and thanks to sateliteav for the great prizes.

Autumn has always meant football season for me. I started playing at flag football at age 9 and played all the way through high school. I have played, watched or coached football for over 20 years.

Apple picking is definitely at the top of my list. Ciontinued the tradition with my kids and always get the fresh, hot cinnamon donuts and apple cider afterwards.

I remember raking the leaves into a huge pile and watching my daughters having a blast jumping in them, and hiding themselves in the pile....that was about 20 years ago when they were just little kids. They are all grown up and out of the house now....how time flies.

My most recent fall memories are the most important. Joining my two daughters on their school field trip to the pumpkin patch. Nothing better.

My favorite Fall memory is the fresh apple pies that my grandmother would make as apples came into season, along with her homemade apple butter.

I vividly remember looking forward to Trick or Treat each Halloween. This was back in the days when it was held at night, on Halloween. The crisp fall air, combined with dim street lights, hordes of other kids, and just the tiniest tinge of fear were more than enough to get the adrenaline pumping. Add on the promise of candy rewards for braving the goblins of the night, and it was more than enough to make memories for a lifetime.

It's too bad that kids these days don't get the chance to experience the same thing.

The flip side of this was all those cheapskates that decided to hand out those crummy and disgusting peanut butter kisses. You know, the hard, gooey, puke-inducing taffy-like gobs that were the cheapest treats available in the store. A pox on them!

Scott

Haunted house trips each year are fun, always tried to find one to out do the other cept the best year seemed to be the last time I got a speeding ticket - aww what a memory! :rolleyes:

Other than that... yearly applebutter making by my family, so much fun that my aunt and granny whom are twins ( not identical) always get into a fight over something stupid and don't talk for a few months.. happens every year so yeah its something to look forward to. Last years was over a pc of pie one offered the other whom didn't want it and said "Why the F..do I want that pc of pie?" lol comic gold...

i remember fall as a time when i was a kid we would complete all of our summer chores and get ready for the change of season.It was a wonderful time of year,the air was brisk,cool and refreshing,momma would have completed her canning by now,and dad would be out in the stock pen picking out a nice size porker for the holidays,we would clean out the cool air cellar,getting cobwebs tangled in our hair and wondering if mr. spider has slid down our back.We would sit and watch the animals gather food for winter..it was a wonderful sight..but the most wonderful sight i have ever seen for the fall season was when my ...baby sister was was born..yall be good have a safe season

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)