CONTEST - Enter to Win: GEOSATpro DVR1100c w/15GB HDD, 90cm Dish - Complete System

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
My favorite memory was when I was in six grade and this girl had a Halloween party. We all had to bob for apples. It was hilarious getting soaking wet and not being ample to come up with an apple for all of ones efforts

The best memory I have was when we were in six grade and this girl had a Halloween party. We all had to bob for apples in a big wash tub. It was hilarious to see each other getting soaking wet but never being able to come up with apples for our efforts

My fondest fall memories are of discovering and exploring an old, abandoned neighborhood theater down the street from my house. It was the beginning of the school year in 1979, fall was in the air, and Halloween was coming. I was 10 years old, and the old building provided some wonderful adventures--and, of course, the old theater was certainly haunted! :)

That theater and those experiences during the fall of that year shaped my lifelong interest in film, video, and communications technologies. I still have the projector parts we salvaged from the booth!

First, thanks for the contest!

Second, this requires deep thought:D

Well, I kind of have two that come to mind, back when I use to live in Nevada (over 20 years ago) Fall meant bird hunting, & camping. We always had a great time.

The second is a very long & strange story, so I will give you the condensed condensed, & condensed some more version.
Fall means cutting firewood, here in Missouri. I started sneaking firewood to a woman at church. (she was in need of it & I wanted to do it anonymously, since I kinda of had a thing for her & didn't want to be caught helping a lady in distress) Well one day she came home while I was unloading the wood & asked me to dinner. That next spring we were at the altar, which was 17 falls ago now :up

She had no idea at that time I would be so interested in satellite dishes or she might have thought harder about the "I Do"

every fall, my mom would crochet a blanket to be sold at our church's fall harvest. i was always kinda envious and secretly hoped mom would crochet one for me. then in the fall of 1980, i went back on active duty to be stationed in northern california. mom blessed me with a blanket. i was so happy, you would have thought i had just won the lottery.

A close friend and I go on a 2 day float trip every fall, have been for the last 25+ years.
Lot's of great memories over the years. Sprung a leak in the old canoe one year just a couple hours into the float. Fixed it by melting a plastic worm into the gash and wrapping tin foil and fishing line around it. Heading out Thursday for this year's trip.

Choke cherry, wild blue berry, gooseberry and strawberry pickin' season is winding down. The brightly colored tongue, and fingers, return to a normal hue. Then in the fall it's out to the potato field to fill a sack or two after it's been harvested. There is a lot left behind. Then it's the Homecoming football game. Kept warm with hot baked potatoes and a few cups of hot chocolate. After I got a bit older, and a DL. I drove truck for a local potato farmer, and would hand pick around 50 lbs of Premium baking potatoes and bring them home. One fall relatives from many states away were visiting, and to make a long story short. For 20 yrs, we were shipping 50lb sacks to them, and others, every harvest season.

My favorite fall evening was going on a blind date meeting this girl to go to a haunted cornfield maze in Milton, WV. Scary trail and haunts! Scary enough to have me protect my date for a majority of the track. Which comes to the favorite part of the story...she is still with me after 5 years this Halloween!

come fall we always went up and closed up the old cabin for the year...was one of those 2 1/2 season places...ya opened it up in May and closed it in October when it started getting cold.

Now we got a year round place there :)

One of my best memories growing up is a bit of an evil one. One year I got this great idea to do something for Halloween. I decided to dress up as a dummy.
I stuffed a few sets of old clothing with news paper, put a few spare Halloween masks on them, and set them in chairs on the front porch. Then I got some of my baggier clothing, put it on, and stuffed it with news paper as well, so you couldn't tell as easily that I was real. Then I put on a black fabric mask that came with a costume for something like death or a wraith, so people couldn't see my eyes, and put a full headed Nosferatu mask, that was scary just by itself. The mask was latex with gaping maw with fake blood dripping from it. It was VERY scary to a lot of people when they saw it. Then I put a bowl full of candy on another chair, with a sign saying to take some. I snicker even now just thinking about it.
At first I growled, or stood up and screamed scarily, but I found this actually was FAR too scary. One father was soo scared that he ended up running out into the yard, then refused to come back as his son said "It's okay daddy, it's just pretend." The mother giggled as the father yelled that he was never doing this again, and stormed home. Needless to say I realized it was a bit too much, and toned it down a LOT. With younger ones though, it was hard not to scare them too much. Even just seeing me in the mask scared them, without me jumping or anything.
When I did get to pull the full act though, it was great fun. I'd try to hold my breath, and hold as still as I possibly could. Then if I really wanted to mess with them, I'd move my head toward them. They would think their eyes were just messing with them. Then I'd do something to really scare them. I'd growl or roar, or stand up. Even just telling them to just take one candy scared them half to death.
It was soo much fun that I did it quite a few years after.
The real trick was that I had to keep reminding myself to tone it down. People scare far to easily. I could have easily just sat there and scared more than my fair share, but what's the fun in that?

Autumn memories

What I remember most is going to football games in autumn. I remember the cool weather, which to me was a relief growing up in a very hot south Texas. I remember walking to and coming from the football games. I remember the sounds and how they traveled so far in the thin cool air of the evenings. I lived about two miles from the football stadium and from that distance I could hear the band playing. It was so much fun meeting up with friends and that time of year is always has special memories for me.

MY dad died wheh I was eleven years old. I am 72 now but I remember walking with him in a little town in Indiana with the leaves blowing around and him saying winter is in the air and I started looking up in the sky so I could see it.

I remember the smell of burning leaves, chopping wood for the fireplace, the fall preview issue of TV Guide and all the new shows in the evening and new cartoons on weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings.

I(and my family) used to peel Apple's with the cousins and make apple cider, we did this quite often during autumn. We would also go on hay bail rides around the farm area that they live on. I also remember helping out with the nearby "Fall Foliage tour".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts