Contest: Win Anything on the Titanium Satellite Website! - Ends December 29th, 2014

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Titanium

AI6US
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
May 23, 2013
Meadow Vista, Northern California
Happy Holidays from Titanium Satellite!

trio_holiday.jpg

Share your favorite holiday memories and stories to enter to win your choice of any item (including free shipping) from the Titanium Satellite Website! You may enter as many times as you wish as long as you share a different story with each entry posting. One winner will be randomly selected from qualifying posts on December 30th, 2014 and posted to this thread.

How to Enter:
1. Write a few sentences, share a story or write a book about your best holiday memory. Maybe it was sledding at your grandparents farm, the family dog stealing the holiday turkey, chopping down a Christmas tree, caroling at neighbors homes, ice fishing with your cousins or eating rum soaked fruit cake... :D

2. List the product from www.TitaniumSatellite.com that you would like to win.

Small print: This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member or staff who is in good standing. Contest ends 11:59 pm, PST, 12/29/2014. One winner will be selected at random on December 30th, 2014 from the valid entries and the member's name posted to this thread. If a winner does not respond to the SatelliteGuys posted winning notification within 10 days of the winner notification posting, their prize will be forfeited and another contestant will be randomly drawn from the remaining valid entries.

*Prizes will be shipped free of charge to any residential or commercial address. Winners are responsible for all brokerage, taxes and customs fees.

Be sure to check back after December 29th, 2014 to see if you are the selected winner!

Good Luck to All SatelliteGuys Members!

*Contest SatelliteGuys approved

Reactions: T134
My best memories are going to Grandmas house on Christmas eve. All day playing with the cousins and riding horses. Then Grandma and my aunts and mother would cook all day, between 3 houses. Then all the food brought to Grandmas and eat till you feel bad. Then the best part as a child was opening presents before we had to go home for the night.

tree.jpg

The excitement started the day before Christmas. It was my job to scour the wilderness for just the right tree. It didn't have to be perfect, just one good side would work. It would be a shame to cut down a perfect tree. Everyone would be excited to see the tree after returning from my long journey. I would set the tree in the holder in the corner of the living room (good side out) then put gloves boots and socks next to the wood stove to dry. As my sisters excitedly decorated the tree, I would warm myself by the wood stove and enjoy hot cocoa.
To be continued......

I would like to win the Amiko mini HD SE.

Last edited:
I am with Michael,going to grandmas. She was a little Italian woman who would cook for days.We would sit for dinner about 2 o'clock and finish by 6. Course after course of the finest food you ever had.Great memories of family now gone,but bring a smile to my face to this day. A wideband PLL C-band Lnbf is what I would like in my stocking for the 10 foot unimesh pointing over the Atlantic.

Going to Grandpa's and Grandma's Christmas night and believing in the crazy story the Santa with his reindeer came to the farm and the before Grandpa came down from the barn after chores he would leave hay behind the barn for the reindeer to eat while Santa passed out our gifts. It was the same story every year, we could never see the reindeer because we would scare them away by getting close to them.

I would very much like to win an Amiko A3 Receiver.

My best memory is Christmas 1948. My dad surprised us by coming home with an American Flyer train set, the Royal Blue steamer. That was the year we put up our first Christmas putz, a 4'x8' platform with the tree on top. I have very fond memories of always looking forward to putting up the train at Christmas. A few years later times were tough and dad sold the train set. He passed away suddenly in 1958 at age 39. Last year I found the exact model Royal Blue and restored it in memory of my dad. For the first time in almost 60 years there was a Royal Blue running under the tree last Christmas.

If I should be so lucky as to win I would like an A3 Amiko DVBS/S2 Android.

My best Memories: Family sharing the gifts, Delicious food and ponche!!!.. Dancing and the kids enjoying the Toys..
I would like Amiko A3 receiver

We would receive a gift from "Santa" - it would be a set of false teeth or old shoes or ,,,, we would then keep the gift until next year and wrap it up to give to someone else as a gift from "Santa".
Would love to have an A3.
Bob

My favorite childhood memory of Christmas is when Mother declared the holiday to be a bunch of "Heathen Nonsense." She also declared Santa Clause to be a devil and said, "If I ever see him, I'll put him on a pitch fork and barbecue him." Needless to say we got no presents after that.

150in1.png

... then after the tree was up it was time to start eating. We must of had 15 to 20 distinct types of food from ham to fish, turkey, shrimp and deserts. Unlike Thanksgiving, you would pace yourself on Christmas Eve. Being of European descent, we would open our presents on Christmas Eve and you didn't want to be too stuffed. Especially if you got the 150 in one set! You wanted to be awake and thinking strait when you built your first oscillator or crystal diode receiver to listen to foreign spies !!

I would not refuse an A3 either.

Happy Holidays from Titanium Satellite!

View attachment 102826
Share your favorite holiday memories and stories to enter to win your choice of any item (including free shipping) from the Titanium Satellite Website! You may enter as many times as you wish as long as you share a different story with each entry posting. One winner will be randomly selected from qualifying posts on December 30th, 2014 and posted to this thread.

How to Enter:
1. Write a few sentences, share a story or write a book about your best holiday memory. Maybe it was sledding at your grandparents farm, the family dog stealing the holiday turkey, chopping down a Christmas tree, caroling at neighbors homes, ice fishing with your cousins or eating rum soaked fruit cake... :D

2. List the product from www.TitaniumSatellite.com that you would like to win.

Small print: This contest is open to any SatelliteGuys member or staff who is in good standing. Contest ends 11:59 pm, PST, 12/29/2014. One winner will be selected at random on December 30th, 2014 from the valid entries and the member's name posted to this thread. If a winner does not respond to the SatelliteGuys posted winning notification within 10 days of the winner notification posting, their prize will be forfeited and another contestant will be randomly drawn from the remaining valid entries

Remembering as a kid with a great family at Christmastime, we all helped decorate the home, tree, sang carols and hymns in church etc. but I sure do remember the joy of when I opened my big present: it was a Gilbert Chemistry Set and another year was the microscope kit that I had asked for! They were my favorites.

If I win, I pick the Amiko A3 also.

Long drives as a kid to Grandma's through snow storms, ice, whatever it took we made it through. Waiting all day to open gifts. Sneaking Christmas cookies between meals(always a no-no at grandma's) There was nothing better than being young in the 80's.

I would feel like that kid in the 80's again if I were to win this contest. I would pick Amiko A3.

I would get so happy when i could stay with my mom during Christmas, as she lived where it was possible to snow on Christmas. My best memories is when we would visit grandmas house (same town as mom) . I would roam around the house between the FOOD and the window looking outside looking to see if the flakes were dropping. If it started snowing, i would have a smile from one side of the house to the other. I just never thought it was 'REALLY' Christmas unless there was snow falling from the sky.

Dear Santa Titanium, i would like the Amiko HDSE

My favorite Thanksgiving was over a few years of my young childhood. Long formal dining room table and a traditional meal just like the "Leave it to Beaver" days. My mom would invite a few single guys and gals besides the local priest who always drank too much dinner wine. The meal was a long lingering event and I only remember the long wait for the Dessert.
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1416420387.592184.jpg

AMiko A3 is my request.

Reactions: Cham
I remember as a kid watching the Christmas cartoons leading up to Christmas. Rudolph, Charlie Brown, Frosty the Snowman, etc.... all great memories of childhood. Can't believe they are still all on yet today in 2014. My parents used to watch them when they were younger. It's nice to watch those old shows and remember all the great memories of waiting for Christmas Eve and Christmas Vacation from school. Good times, even better memories.

I would like to win an Amiko A3

One of the best Christmas memories I have as a kid was digging a snow fort with my younger brother from a large pile of snow the town piled up in front of our house. We lived at an intersection and in order to keep it clear they had to push the pile back with a bucket loader and it must have been 15 feet high or more. We made tunnels and chambers all through it, it was a lot of fun. Looking back at it now it wasn't exactly the smartest thing we ever did as it was so close to the road.

If I won the contest I would choose the A3 Amiko.

Thanks for another great contest.

I have many fond holiday memories from being a kid. I always looked forward to the Thanksgiving meals when all the grandparents were together seemed to set the holiday season off. I think one of my favorites was the year I surprised everyone and went out to get the family Christmas tree by myself and brought it home. They were all good, but that one sticks out for me.

Thanks for the contest, Brian.

Christmas is the big holiday up in Canada, so that's when the families all get together and celebrate. As kids we would often spend the day snowmobiling while the parents would prepare the turkey dinner and socialize. After dinner we would play board games for hours, often until the wee hours after midnight. Sure wish for the good old days sometimes...

These days we have to schedule our trips to visit the young ones, they live in different parts of the country and it is almost impossible to get them together in one place. Alberta, Florida, Minnesota, and North Dakota are often in our travel plans this time of year... I actually enjoy flying out of Grand Forks (ND), the small airport is really nice, we almost know the security people by name by now.

Many thanks to Brian and his company for putting on these contests!!

-C.

p/s
Black A3 would be really cool! :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts