Contract Extension Chart

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
no commitment extension req'd

My parents got a letter from Direct they want me to read this weekend when I take my daughter out there.

My mom said it said something about changing old receivers. I did her install about 8 years ago and it is a single dish looking at 101, with two RCA SD receivers I bought at Radio Shack for her.

I am guessing from your chart that swapping out her owned receivers is going to put her in a contract. Would that guess be correct?

Now, I'm confused. I got the same letter and it states that swapping a standard receiver for another standard receiver will not result in a commitment extension. I'm guessing swapping for a HD receiver or DVR will result in a contract extension. Is that correct?

Now, I'm confused. I got the same letter and it states that swapping a standard receiver for another standard receiver will not result in a commitment extension. I'm guessing swapping for a HD receiver or DVR will result in a contract extension. Is that correct?

I have to fix that chart Technology swaps should not extend contract

I moved with Dish Movers a few months ago. The CSR that scheduled my move did not say anything about replacing my receivers (1 HR22 and 2 R22s). I specifically asked at the time I scheduled the install if I would incur a new 24 month commitment with this move. The CSR told me no. When the tech arrived to do the install, he said he was replacing the R22s with HR22s "for better performance". I told him I had not requested new receivers, that the receivers I had worked just fine. He again said it was for better performance. I asked him if I would incur a new 24 month commitment with the upgrade, and he told me no, so I let him switch out the R22s. Sure enough, according to my online account information, it looks like I am back in a 24 month commitment. I did NOT ask that these receivers be replaced! Is there any chance of getting the commitment removed from my account?

Why didn't you have him put it in writing? That was your first mistake. If he refused to put it in writing, then you should have refused to let him swap them.

I moved with Dish Movers a few months ago. The CSR that scheduled my move did not say anything about replacing my receivers (1 HR22 and 2 R22s). I specifically asked at the time I scheduled the install if I would incur a new 24 month commitment with this move. The CSR told me no. When the tech arrived to do the install, he said he was replacing the R22s with HR22s "for better performance". I told him I had not requested new receivers, that the receivers I had worked just fine. He again said it was for better performance. I asked him if I would incur a new 24 month commitment with the upgrade, and he told me no, so I let him switch out the R22s. Sure enough, according to my online account information, it looks like I am back in a 24 month commitment. I did NOT ask that these receivers be replaced! Is there any chance of getting the commitment removed from my account?

Try sending a pm to Stonecold. He is a Directv employee and may be able to help.

If I could make a suggestion, can you make the image an attachment as opposed to embedded within the post? It's rather hard to read as-is.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts