Controlling 2 D* Receivers from same cabinet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dishnet520

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I currently have a H20 and a D10. I have all my wiring coming into a cabinet in the family room and this is where all my components are setup. Everything is working great except for the fact that when I change the channel on my H20 the channel changes on the D10 which is fed to the Great Room and Master Bedroom. When I had E* I changed the Remote Address on my 311 receiver and then I could change channels on my 508 in the family room without interfering with th 311. Is there any way of doing this with the D10? I was going to get the "cones" to change channels in the Bedrrom and Great Room. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Can't seem to get anything to work. I tried changing the AV1 to code 3 and it still changes everything at once.

Which D10 do you have? I have read that D10-200 and 300s do not have alternate addresses, while the D10-100 has.

And fwiw, there are 4 codes to choose from 00001-00004.

Changed the H20 to UHF and everything is working great! Thanks guys!!

When changing channels on the D10, the H20 also changed so I placed a sticker over the H20 IR sensor. When changing the H20 to use UHF remote, the IR sensor still receives signal from other remotes. Also, anyone know what this B Band Converter (SUP-2400) module is for? I found it in the H20 box when we were cleaning last night. Obiviously the installer didn't want to use it. Thanks.

dishnet520 said:
When changing channels on the D10, the H20 also changed so I placed a sticker over the H20 IR sensor. When changing the H20 to use UHF remote, the IR sensor still receives signal from other remotes. Also, anyone know what this B Band Converter (SUP-2400) module is for? I found it in the H20 box when we were cleaning last night. Obiviously the installer didn't want to use it. Thanks.
I have a D11,R15 and a H20 all set up in my showroom within 5 ft of one another. The D11 is set to standard IR the R15 is set to AV1 and the H20 is set to RF they don't interfere with one another. The H20 with the D11 remote only inches away won't respond to the IR signal it is a H20-600.:) The B band converter is for the Ka signals off the AT9 dish.

Last edited:
b-band converter is required if you have the 5lnb dish.l if you dont have it, just keep the converter till you need it (or, the installer will put one on during a 5lnb install)

5lnb=hd locals off the new birds.

I have the 5 LNB dish (AT9) - I don't understand why the installer didn't put in-line. All my HD programming is working -- always has. Should I just install it?

dishnet520 said:
I have the 5 LNB dish (AT9) - I don't understand why the installer didn't put in-line. All my HD programming is working -- always has. Should I just install it?
Yes install it before you lose it and have to pay for another one. The AT9 uses frequencies from 250-2150 Mhz which is what the B-Band adapter is for. The standard broadcasts use 950-1450 Mhz. as long as that is where your channels are located you won't miss the B-Band adapter, but as soon as the additional frequencies are used you will be missing programming.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)